Supreme Court appears poised to overturn NY gun control law from 1913

On 11/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Grouse said:

God didn't have anything to do with it, thank Mitch McConnell. 

Demorats put Trump in the Whitehouse.  Stealing the nomination from Berny guaranteed the Trump movment success.  Divided the liberal  agenda while polarizing the conservative push for anybody but another Clinton. Added the want for a president that wasn't just another politician. 

Edited by Nytracker

Whatever the case, if it weren't for Trump's presidency, this case wouldn't even be going before the SCOTUS.  He put 3 constitutional originalists on the court, and that is the only thing that will keep the 2nd A from being ignored like it has been.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Whatever the case, if it weren't for Trump's presidency, this case wouldn't even be going before the SCOTUS.  He put 3 constitutional originalists on the court, and that is the only thing that will keep the 2nd A from being ignored like it has been.

I agree 100%

Letters to the Editor: If I need to carry a bomb to feel safe, will the Supreme Court let me?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/letters-to-the-editor-if-i-need-to-carry-a-bomb-to-feel-safe-will-the-supreme-court-let-me/ar-AAQrEpr?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

This article shows the ignorance and intellectual deficiency of those who embrace anti-gun beliefs.  I am amazed anyone would actually make statements such as:

I need grenades, rocket launchers and machine guns to survive in a world where the justices very well may rule that most people should be able to carry a concealed handgun. But I know they'll soon be convinced that others also need grenades, rocket launchers and machine guns, so I'm definitely going to need a tank and perhaps even a fighter jet to mount any reasonable defense in the future.

“why don't we just cut to the chase and permit all citizens to walk around with a hydrogen bomb in a box?

“The conservative justices have it backward. People trying to make it home at night in New York City or anywhere else would feel a whole lot safer if they knew there were no guns out there. 

“When the Constitution was written, guns weren't the problem, governments were. Today, it is the people who are out of control.

“If the framers could have seen the future, they would never have written the 2nd Amendment the way they did. In fact, if they could have seen the future, they would have outlawed trucks and autos along with guns, all of which can rip people up one side and down the other.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:40 PM, ADK Native said:

Letters to the Editor: If I need to carry a bomb to feel safe, will the Supreme Court let me?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/letters-to-the-editor-if-i-need-to-carry-a-bomb-to-feel-safe-will-the-supreme-court-let-me/ar-AAQrEpr?ocid=SL5GDHP&li=BBnb7Kz

This article shows the ignorance and intellectual deficiency of those who embrace anti-gun beliefs.  I am amazed anyone would actually make statements such as:

I need grenades, rocket launchers and machine guns to survive in a world where the justices very well may rule that most people should be able to carry a concealed handgun. But I know they'll soon be convinced that others also need grenades, rocket launchers and machine guns, so I'm definitely going to need a tank and perhaps even a fighter jet to mount any reasonable defense in the future.

“why don't we just cut to the chase and permit all citizens to walk around with a hydrogen bomb in a box?

“The conservative justices have it backward. People trying to make it home at night in New York City or anywhere else would feel a whole lot safer if they knew there were no guns out there. 

“When the Constitution was written, guns weren't the problem, governments were. Today, it is the people who are out of control.

“If the framers could have seen the future, they would never have written the 2nd Amendment the way they did. In fact, if they could have seen the future, they would have outlawed trucks and autos along with guns, all of which can rip people up one side and down the other.

Ironically he has no clue people back then would kill each other over nothing more so then now they had duels over insults back then for Christ's sake . And those where the so called  wealthy having them . The lower class just went at it with no rules at all .