Descisions Descisions

DirtTime

I would not take the CVA with only having one shot .

The 20ga slug gun hits hard but the bullet is slower , less range , and more recoil than the 7mm-08.

My vote goes to the 7mm-08 . Hits hard , way longer range than the other choices , less recoil and 5 shots .  And I'm sure you have it sighted in to hit a quarter at 100 yards.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Its gun season already?

Not for you guys who never leave the SZ it isn't. This will be hunt #6 for me toting a firearm.

We've had this talk before, if I remember right you said you'd rather hunt Ohio then the Adirondacks. Something about the price of gas and Ohio being easier to hunt. :rolleyes:

The 08 got the call. It was really more or less a debate in my mind of taking the CVA or the Howa. I'll have plenty of opportunities to carry the ML once the regular season opens down here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Share that 25-06, I have fond memories of my 25-06, it changed my life.  My dad gave me mine, and I took my biggest deer to date with it, and it truly fueled my fire for hunting.

My wife prefers to carry that rifle. It's light and she likes shooting it more then the heavier Howa.

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Like I said share that rifle, and share a tree, good memories to be made 

The first year my wife hunted I stayed withing 50-70 yards of her. Now, she's fine with the fact that I drop her in her spot and head out a few hundred yards away.

Edited by DirtTime
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DirtTime said:

The first year my wife hunted I stayed withing 50-70 yards of her. Now, she's fine with the fact that I drop her in her spot and head out a few hundred yards away.

Good choice on the 7-08.

You must like her, going back and getting her every time.

;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Not for you guys who never leave the SZ it isn't. This will be hunt #6 for me toting a firearm.

We've had this talk before, if I remember right you said you'd rather hunt Ohio then the Adirondacks. Something about the price of gas and Ohio being easier to hunt. :rolleyes:

The 08 got the call. It was really more or less a debate in my mind of taking the CVA or the Howa. I'll have plenty of opportunities to carry the ML once the regular season opens down here.

Not me, but good luck on the hunt.