What happened to Turkeys

YFKI1983

The deadly house cat! The harbingers of evil. I have watched the neighborhood cats gets slammed by blue jays when the cat got stupid and went after it under my bird feeder. So while possible a plain old kitty cat may get a poult or two, I can't see them being a huge factor, especially if one is actually hunting the woods not suburbia. I have yet to see a house cat romping the woods miles away from a city, and rarely see them in some of the suburbs I hunt. One exception is I did see them somewhat often in the Pine Bush, but that whole area is surrounded by houses more or less, so it was only par for the course to see them in there. Red squirrels and chipmunks running over my boots is one thing, a cat rubbing on my boot and purring was another.

13 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Bury your head where the sun doesn’t shine all you want, however cross guns are a perfect example of an increase in hunter efficacy, along with the other examples that I and others have mentioned above.
Increase efficacy and participation while trying maintaining the resource and you have to find balance someplace. The only place is limiting opportunities or allowing the resource to decrease and decline.
That’s exactly what we seen with NYs true key population and in other states turkey’s populations. Unfortunately we are as always behind the curve.

Sorry keyboard tough guy but you can bury your head in the septic tank behind the local Taco Bell. Anyone ignorant enough to call a crossbow a crossgun isn't even worth talking too. Bet you don't run your mouth like that in public.

Sorry keyboard tough guy but you can bury your head in the septic tank behind the local Taco Bell. Anyone ignorant enough to call a crossbow a crossgun isn't even worth talking too. Bet you don't run your mouth like that in public.

Crossgun is exactly what it is… let me guess your shoulder hurts …

On 11/7/2021 at 6:53 PM, Trial153 said:

Too much hunting pressure on a limited resource with an increase in efficacy of the hunters. You will see the same thing with deer, cross-guns that 8 years olds can kill with in 15 minutes of picking them
up , 200 yard muzzle loaders and rifles in every county. Won’t be long till your drawing tags like out west.
Hunters made their bed, and now they can sleep
in it

Been able to use any crossbow in PA for yrs now. They have way better hunting than NY. And they have more hunters so thats not true.

WTF do crossbows have to do with declining turkey numbers??

Most turkeys are shot with a shotgun. 

Some people are just attention whores. 

I’ll be impressed when you jump out of a tree onto the animals back and slit its throat.