Dryshod Boots

SuperMag

Does anyone here wear dryshods? I’m looking for a new pair of boots for cold weather hunting and ice fishing and was looking at getting a pair of mucks, but have been hearing good things about dryshod. I also read that the founder of muck sold out and then came up with these.

I’m looking at two different pairs on their site, the Gusset XT and the Ultra Hunt. I can’t really tell what the difference is other than one has gussets and the other does not. Both are rated for -50. I’m not sure which ones to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not familiar with the models you reference, but my wife and I both have 2 pairs each of Dryshod..   We have a horse farm, so wear them daily and they are much more like the original Muck Boots that the Muck Boots they sell today.   Very comfortable and they wear great..   She has the "Artic Storm" model and her feet never get cold, but she is moving around alot while wearing them..

Not sure how much this helps, but we will be sticking with Dry Shod from now on vs. the other brands available.

Depending on where you live I can hook up up with the name of a great place to buy them..   You won't beat their prices..

I have a pair of Dryshod Legends for kicking around, work, turkey and bow hunting sometimes.  They aren't a cold weather boot.  I can say they have stood up well and I think they are better made than the Mucks they sell these days.  Can't speak to the two models you mentioned, but I have had a positive experience with the brand overall. 

33 minutes ago, SuperMag said:

Does anyone here wear dryshods? I’m looking for a new pair of boots for cold weather hunting and ice fishing and was looking at getting a pair of mucks, but have been hearing good things about dryshod. I also read that the founder of muck sold out and then came up with these.

I’m looking at two different pairs on their site, the Gusset XT and the Ultra Hunt. I can’t really tell what the difference is other than one has gussets and the other does not. Both are rated for -50. I’m not sure which ones to get.

Glad you brought this up! I'm in need of a new pair of boots. I haven't been happy enough with neither Muck or Lacrosse to want to buy another pair of those. I've never heard of Dryshod, but after looking into them a bit just now, they are at the top of my list!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Glad you brought this up! I'm in need of a new pair of boots. I haven't been happy enough with neither Muck or Lacrosse to want to buy another pair of those. I've never heard of Dryshod, but after looking into them a bit just now, they are at the top of my list!

Ive been looking at boots for a couple days now and was going to get the warmest pair of mucks i could get, but today i was reading that Muck sold out to china and the muck founder started up Dryshod. New mucks are apparently junk. 

• Like 1

I just ended up ordering the Ultras. I don't really have a dealer close by so i had to order them online. Now i just hope they fit! I wear a 9 1/2 but they only offer whole sizes so i got a 10. Hopefully theres enough room for a heavier sock.

I highly recommend a pair of polypropylene socks with any rubber boot. They make a world of difference.
I use these:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-over-the-calf-polypropylene-liner-socks-2-pair-pack
With a pair of hunting socks

• Like 2

I just got a pair a couple weeks back,so far so,good. My one issue is my left foot gets damp. I’ve put them on my boot drier then submerged them in my slop sink and they don’t seem to,leak . If it’s from sweat it seems odd it’s just the left foot .

I worn Muck boots for many years , last ones delaminated so I’m trying these 

My cousin and his family run a large diary. They all practically live in rubber boots-more wear on a pair in 3 months than most of us would use a boot hunting in several years.  10-12 years ago they all starting wearing Muck boots- first ones I saw. They been wearing Dryshod exclusively for the last 1-2 years.

I have 10 years on a pair Muck Arctic sports. When they wear out, I'll be looking for the Dryshod equivalent.

I highly recommend a pair of polypropylene socks with any rubber boot. They make a world of difference.
I use these:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-over-the-calf-polypropylene-liner-socks-2-pair-pack
With a pair of hunting socks

What’s the advantage of the polypropylene?

What’s the advantage of the polypropylene?

The poly socks whisk moisture away from your feet. There was a thread on here a few years back about them. I’ve been using them ever since and won’t wear rubber boots without them.

https://huntingny.com/forums/topic/52603-cold-feet-solution/

• Like 1

I've been wearing dry shot for almost 2 months, love them.

Not sure the model I have

Yesterday was pretty Frosty out 29 degrees my toes were cold and I wore Dickies socks. I was walking and they were still cold.  I planned on wearing these for hunting and now I'm worried how cold my feet might get. 

Edited by Paula

8 hours ago, Paula said:

Yesterday was pretty Frosty out 29 degrees my toes were cold and I wore Dickies socks. I was walking and they were still cold.  I planned on wearing these for hunting and now I'm worried how cold my feet might get. 

Ether there to tight or your feet are sweating.Where your socks damp/wet when you took your boots off?

The model name should be on the side under the dryshod name.

8 hours ago, Paula said:

I’m not sure what Dickies socks are made of, but get yourself some nice Merino Wool socks.  Darn Tough is an excellent brand, but there are others.  That will help a lot.  Alpaca is excellent too. 

Also, what Rachunter said above.  I find the DryShod boots to be a tad bit tight for me, but they are still comfortable and warm.  That will make your feet cold.  

I have a pair of Muck boots that are probably almost 20 years old.  There are a few punctures in the neoprene uppers that will leak when crossing streams, etc.  But they are warm enough for a majority of the deer season.  I don’t wear them ice fishing though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rachunter said:

Ether there to tight or your feet are sweating.Where your socks damp/wet when you took your boots off?

The model name should be on the side under the dryshod name.

Not tight, I have room for the feet to breathe. They don't knock while walking. My feet don't sweat normally and it was 29 and socks were not wet. I think the inside might feel a bit damp. It was 25 on sat when I left the house and I had thin ankle socks on I was fine. 

They are haymaker mid

9 hours ago, Otto said:

I’m not sure what Dickies socks are made of, but get yourself some nice Merino Wool socks.  Darn Tough is an excellent brand, but there are others.  That will help a lot.  Alpaca is excellent too. 

Also, what Rachunter said above.  I find the DryShod boots to be a tad bit tight for me, but they are still comfortable and warm.  That will make your feet cold.  

I have a pair of Muck boots that are probably almost 20 years old.  There are a few punctures in the neoprene uppers that will leak when crossing streams, etc.  But they are warm enough for a majority of the deer season.  I don’t wear them ice fishing though. 

I'll look into those socks

• Like 1