Anyone try heated socks

luberhill

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

I've got the ThermaCELL heated insoles. Absolutely love them. Just difficult to find now. 

I have those and don't think they work worth a darn . I have a circulation problem and my feet are always cold . I bought a pair of heated socks and they work Fair . I could only find SVPRO when looking for a name brand for the socks . They are rechargeable .

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I have those and don't think they work worth a darn . I have a circulation problem and my feet are always cold . I bought a pair of heated socks and they work Fair . I could only find SVPRO when looking for a name brand for the socks . They are rechargeable .

I've got poor circulation in my feet also. No boot can keep my toes warm.  The insoles work well for me.  

Agree with Fast Eddie. ThermaCELL =junk. Battery is the size of a half dollar and generates very little heat.  Save your money, there are better options.

If you spend most of your time in one treestand, consider Gerbing inserts that are powered by 12 volts.  They are meant for motorcycle riders and they are tremendous, bikers do not buy junk ; these really work.  I have used them on stand. You just need 12v power.  So I put a lawnmower battery in my stand behind my seat to hook up to cables that come out from the top of my boots.

Another alternative is to use small heat pads that are powered by a USB battery.  You can get these from Amazon or Walmart.com. Someone on this site suggested these and I just tried them. There are 2 pads on each wire harness with the on switch that has 3 settings red -hot, white-medium, and blue-low. Put each pad in a small baggie and put it inside your boot on the top of your foot when you get in your stand.  Or put on top of your boot inside a booty blanket and this also does the job.

Hope this advice is helpful.

3 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I just order the same how long for shipping?

too long...they shipped mine on 11/6 by dhl/usps from california. mine are slated to arrive according to dhl on 11/16. you have to email westonstore.com to get a tracking #. could receive them as late as 11/23 ugh. minimum is 8 days they say but could be as long as 14 days. i did the 3 pairs also mainly because it gives me extra batteries to use if needed.

10 hours ago, Nomad said:

We’ve come far from when we put bread wrappers over our socks In our uninsulated green rubber boots !

’70s high tech 

When I hunted with my Dad in the 80’s (I was a young boy), he had us do that. Brings back memories of wooden stands and not being able to sit still for 2 minutes. 

• Like 1

I had some thermacell years ago and they were garabge , maybe modern battery technology has allowed them to make a better product perhaps.
From what my buddy told me is they came out with a totally different more flexible insert. I am guessing like you said the battery technology is way better than 5 years ago as well. I don't believe hebhasbused them yet since it really hasn't been that cold all but maybe 2 days this season in wny so far.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, Nomad said:

We’ve come far from when we put bread wrappers over our socks In our uninsulated green rubber boots !

’70s high tech 

Distinctly remember Wonder Bread in my green lace up boots.  That extra layer of plastic kept you warm and dry especially with heavy cotton socks ha 

57 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Really how were the reviews. Me and the wife looked through alot of them yesterday. Then we picked them out. Hope mine come in by next Wednesday.

Reviews seemed ok , the box looks just like the ones the guy above me posted that he paid 75.00 for

Nice thing with Amazon , easy returns 

• Like 1