Todays Chuckle thread

WNYBuckHunter

Sorry. Chef lied to you.  That bow is being used only by my nephew. I have never shot the bow myself. I've been shooting a PSE stinger X for several years. 
If you don't choose to believe me, that's on you. 
Also the fact that I've never been warned multiple times by the mods...  Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black
All I know is he was generous enough to give you a free bow and yet you still take shots at him every chance you get. Speaks volumes to your character.

4 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I haven't gone to Todays Chuckle since I came back . With some of the raunchy posts , I think it should be gone but it isn't up to me . This was originally set up to be a family site . 

Most of the chuckle has been good clean funny posts. You're missing some good funnies. Either way glad to see you back here

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Two warnings in ten years?!? Come on man…how many warning did it take until you finally took the offensive wall paper down?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were more times than that. Believe me, I like Chef as a person and have even stuck my neck out for him in the past. He should have gotten the point before this. I do not enjoy banning people, especially long time members, but people can’t just keep breaking the rules, which we are very lenient with in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, sodfather said:

I don’t agree with a lifetime ban or altering bucks for taxidermy or receiving money from an online forum store selling merchandise to never be refunded . But that’s just me . 

I’ve never had anything to do with the site store, and I’ve never received any money from this site, so there’s that. 

This is B's I know I'm not on here alot. But chef nah he has a crude since of humor. I look forward to seeing his posts plus offering stuff up to people. Pmd him other night offered to take me hunting. Said he'd talk to biz jerkman and crappie. Plus game recipes. He here gave good advice plus didn't judge me when I got covid and wasn't vaccinated thanked me for being honest. Gonna miss him he's a hell of a deer slayer.

• Like 1

Let me start off by saying Chef is definitely one of a few downstate members on my bucket list, to meet up with! Thats a solid group of guys down there. I know I'd have a blast at one of their GTG's!!!

2nd....I am by no means, in any way, a prude. I appreciate a raunchy joke now and then, like most all of us do. But....this is supposed to be a family forum too. I know for a fact that young people come here! My grandsons have since they were around 11 years old. I know too they hear much worse at school, than anything posted here. But my point is, we have to have a baseline of rules, followed by ALL of us to keep the integrity of this forum on the upside. And at times some just push the envelope a touch too far. In any number of different ways. A warning from a moderator should be more than enough to know that ok....this is a bit over the top, I'll have to not do "this" HERE??? Then just go about your business. What is shared outside the general forum, in PMs and texts, is fair game! Have at it! Common sense should tell you, if what we are posting, is appropriate for "everyone" who may read what you post.

I know everyone won't agree with what I just said. But it is my honest opinion. We are all entitled to that. Every one of us here, that makes up the bulk of this place, has, and should have, that entitlement! It's all of us as individuals, that make or break a good thing.

I also hope to see Chef back soon! He contributes so much more, than he ever took away from this forum. 

• Like 15

7 hours ago, Cory said:

Total bulls**t . I’m sick and tired of people being offended by EVERYTHING. Nut up you sissy liberal bastards! I’ll be signing off in boycott of bring @Chefback!

It has nothing to do with being offended or anyones political party. There are forum rules, and if you can’t follow them, then you suffer the consequences. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, grampy said:

Let me start off by saying Chef is definitely one of a few downstate members on my bucket list, to meet up with! Thats a solid group of guys down there. I know I'd have a blast at one of their GTG's!!!

2nd....I am by no means, in any way, a prude. I appreciate a raunchy joke now and then, like most all of us do. But....this is supposed to be a family forum too. I know for a fact that young people come here! My grandsons have since they were around 11 years old. I know too they hear much worse at school, than anything posted here. But my point is, we have to have a baseline of rules, followed by ALL of us to keep the integrity of this forum on the upside. And at times some just push the envelope a touch too far. In any number of different ways. A warning from a moderator should be more than enough to know that ok....this is a bit over the top, I'll have to not do "this" HERE??? Then just go about your business. What is shared outside the general forum, in PMs and texts, is fair game! Have at it! Common sense should tell you, if what we are posting, is appropriate for "everyone" who may read what you post.

I know everyone won't agree with what I just said. But it is my honest opinion. We are all entitled to that. Every one of us here, that makes up the bulk of this place, has, and should have, that entitlement! It's all of us as individuals, that make or break a good thing.

I also hope to see Chef back soon! He contributes so much more, than he ever took away from this forum. 

Bingo. 

Chef will be allowed back if he chooses. The thread is gone for good though, which is a bummer, I’ve posted in it and it’s been a good source of crap to send my friends outside of here. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, The Jerkman said:
9 hours ago, mowin said:
Sorry. Chef lied to you.  That bow is being used only by my nephew. I have never shot the bow myself. I've been shooting a PSE stinger X for several years. 
If you don't choose to believe me, that's on you. 
Also the fact that I've never been warned multiple times by the mods...  Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black

All I know is he was generous enough to give you a free bow and yet you still take shots at him every chance you get. Speaks volumes to your character.

Wow, the only shots WE(chef and I) exchanged were political. So I guess that speaks volumes to his character and a whole lot of others on this forum. 

I have nothing against him personally. Never met the guy. 

But it does seem you have issues with me for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

What Grampy said x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3.

I hope chef returns though. He had more positive contributions than negatives by far. Seemed like a great guy even if he did lean left..;)

Unfortunately running a forum is like having kids. There needs to be rules and they need to be followed. Period..

Edited by ncountry
  • Like 3

As usual Grampy put the right words with perspective.  No better way to say it. I dont like seeing some of the stuff posted on that thread, as i also scan to another page and see young people, sons and daughters, with proud deer pics and then know they are on the site, and are going to see some of these other postings.  Although i agree most of them are funny and the chuckle thread is epic, things like that do not need to be here. Share those with buddies - hell to me if you have my number- but I wouldnt post anything on here i basically wouldnt say to a young person.  Although funny - it just isnt needed and isnt a good reflection for us.

Hoping Chef is back as well - good dude and as Grampy said a guy I would like to meet in person one day, just needs to tone down what he thinks may be funny but realize that this site might not be the place for it. We all have to adjust our words and actions to our audience every day , no different here.  And its not being the new PC, i dont see where some of the content posted was ever acceptable for kids, no matter what decade it is. 

Hoping for the return of Chef!  Good guy that would seem to and has offered to help out with folks wherever he can.  AND i have to ask him how i get a hollandaise sauce NOT to break.......been meaning to ask him!   

• Like 2

Grampy nailed it. This site has been a great resource for me as a hunter that is new to NY. I’ve learned a lot, but have had to navigate some of my own issues with content. As it stood, I would not encourage any of the youth hunters and shooters that I work with to visit this site due to some of the content present primarily in the “Daily Chuckle” thread and the political section.

I enjoyed the chuckle thread, but there was a lot of NSFW stuff there. I also think the Political section is an unnecessary part of the forum that has more negative impact than positive. I guess that’s another issue though, and easy to avoid. 

I hope Chef comes back, I enjoyed most of his posts. 

• Like 3

As long as @Chef can come back after his cooling off period, if he so chooses, all seems just. 

Thanks @WNYBuckHunter

I have a friend who is just like this:. He had no idea where the line is.  He just isn't built that way.  A b-hole crapping into a beer bottle pic is the same as a "3 guys walk into a bar....." Joke.  I'll miss the thread but it's caused enough issues.  I'd trust @Water Rat to maintain one he's the only one who can post in......?