Todays Chuckle thread

WNYBuckHunter

Bingo. 

Chef will be allowed back if he chooses. The thread is gone for good though, which is a bummer, I’ve posted in it and it’s been a good source of crap to send my friends outside of here. 

So what’s the point of having forum rules, issuing warnings to someone that has a total disregard for the rules, and “banning” if offenders aren’t held responsible and booted for good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cabin Fever said:

So what’s the point of having forum rules, issuing warnings to someone that has a total disregard for the rules, and “banning” if offenders aren’t held responsible and booted for good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a process. You get warnings, then a temporary ban, and if that doesn’t do it, then you’re gone for good. Unless it’s a very blatant action, then you might get banned right off the bat. 

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

It’s a process. You get warnings, then a temporary ban, and if that doesn’t do it, then you’re gone for good. Unless it’s a very blatant action, then you might get banned right off the bat. 

alright it's almost 10am. what time is he reinstated, noon or 3pm?

• Like 1

Wow, Cancel culture in a thread devoted to humor. 

Jokes are just that folks, jokes.  The fact that a joke twists an absurd or uncomfortable situation is what makes them funny.  Someone will be offended by any one of them and everyone's "line" is different.  Chef's line was different than the mods I guess.  He puts his jokes out there with his mugshot next to each one.  I don't remember seeing anything truly offensive on here.  If you are worried about what your youngsters are seeing on the Chuckle forum, you better take the internet away from them altogether.  

I guess the "I Know it when I see it" standard of Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart applies here to define offensive Jokes.

4 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Bingo. 

Chef will be allowed back if he chooses. The thread is gone for good though, which is a bummer, I’ve posted in it and it’s been a good source of crap to send my friends outside of here. 

My 2 Cents .... when I mentioned my son's Crossbow string snapping " Chef " offered up his old Barnett Crossbow for $ 100 .... in the meantime I went and bought my son a new one but " Chef's " offer came from nowhere and I fully appreciated it ! I emailed him and thanked him for his concern and he stated he hated to see my son go without for the season ! I've never met " Chef " but like they say actions speak louder than words ! OK , Rules were broken - 2 week slap on the wrist and a warning - then offer a " Welcome Back Email "    I appreciate all that the Moderators do and love this web site !

• Like 3

man, that thread was my 2nd favorite thread to visit after live from the woods... mostly because it was raunchy haha. That said, rules are rules. My only gripe is that some rules don't seem to be enforced at all, while others are but only sometimes when the 1 mod left is around to do so.

All this could be solved by adding another mod or 2. But the forum owner is pretty absent so I have little hope for that. After all the main page has us getting ready for the 2019 hunting season.

12 hours ago, Cory said:

Total bulls**t . I’m sick and tired of people being offended by EVERYTHING. Nut up you sissy liberal bastards! I’ll be signing off in boycott of bring @Chefback!

You can feel that way, but that doesn't change the fact that those were and have always been the rules. It's not a new rule put into place in an attempt to be politically correct. They were put in place years ago so that this site would be welcoming to youth and family friendly.

So you may disagree that the speed limit on the 90 is 65, but that doesn't change the fact that it is still the law. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I really enjoyed the day Cynthia,Chef, and I walked around at Stewart. Chef was Scouting out favorable Fields to Coyote Hunt. Too many Coyotes at Stewart!

Hell of a nice Guy Chef is. I always thought a 2 Week Vacation came before a Lifetime Ban. Reading below,I think that is the case here.

Surprised,I did not get a 2 Week Ban after Patrick Swayze  Crapped up my Thread in Turkey Hunting telling of my Fall Turkey Hen. I took the Bait and have a Bad Temper like many here. TG it is a Long Fuse however that Flames out quick.  Blocked ol Patrick Swayze  out. Just have no Time for a Jealous Hater that wants to argue anymore.

And perhaps,I will show up at the next GTG.  Drunk quick on Bailey's  Irish Creme or Rum as,I only Drink on the Holidays. Happy Drunk though- Hugs all around and don't  worry- straight as an arrow. 

only you can take a thread about another thread and member and make it about you and your beef with a totally different member. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

There were more times than that. Believe me, I like Chef as a person and have even stuck my neck out for him in the past. He should have gotten the point before this. I do not enjoy banning people, especially long time members, but people can’t just keep breaking the rules, which we are very lenient with in the first place. 

I applaud your efforts to reform the forum and to make it more family friendly but you went about it the wrong way. Remove all threads that you think are inappropriate to children, clarify new rules (or the enforcement of past rules), and extend a clean slate to previous offenders. Going after @Chef is clearly some cheap face saving attempt by @fasteddie for self-exiling from the forum over a past disagreement with @Chef. If @fasteddie wants to  resume moderating he must remain above the fray. You cannot tolerate the vulgarity (and definitely not child appropriate) of the Political Humor section, one in which @fasteddie regularly posts, and claim that posts in the Daily Chuckle go too far. Its hypocritical and inconsistent. It's obvious that @Chef is not just a long time member, but a regular contributor whose generosity has been felt by many on this forum, including by me.

Fasteddie, if you want to call the sitting vice president a "ho", rant about gender dysphoria, and flex your muscle by banning members because of petty feuds, step back from the moderator's role. As the wise Creed put it, "I've been involved in a number of cults. As both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader." Fasteddie, if you want to have fun then stop pretending to lead.

Edited by Versatile_Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

I applaud your efforts to reform the forum and to make it more family friendly but you went about it the wrong way. Remove all threads that you think are inappropriate to children, clarify new rules (or the enforcement of past rules), and extend a clean slate to previous offenders. Going after @Chef is clearly some cheap face saving attempt by @fasteddie for being exiled from the forum for past disagreements with @Chef. If @fasteddie wants to  resume moderating he must remain above the fray. You cannot tolerate the vulgarity (and definitely not child appropriate) of the Political Humor section, one in which @fasteddie regularly posts, and claim that posts in the Daily Chuckle go too far. Its hypocritical and inconsistent. It's obvious that @Chef is not just a long time member, but a regularl contributor whose generosity has been felt by many on this forum, including by me.

Fasteddie, if you want to call the sitting vice president a "ho", rant about gender dysphoria, and flex your muscle by banning members because of petty feuds, step back from the moderator's role. As the wise Creed put it, "I've been involved in a number of cults. As both a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader." Fasteddie, if you want to have fun then stop pretending to lead.

very valid points. well said.

• Like 2

Sorry for @Chef. Even more sorry that he likes Biden, lol. The chuckle was one of my faves. Always looked forward to reading that one. Although, I did feel like I had to watch over my shoulder sometimes not knowing what the next post would bring. I feel like the thread should be allowed to continue but must be kept clean enough to not worry about who is gonna see you reading it. I think Chef should be allowed back, until he goes too far again and then a decision has to be made. Never got to meet him, always wanted to. 

#bringbackthechuckle