Todays Chuckle thread

WNYBuckHunter

75fcff25cf1bd1fda1d03ce766d1080d.jpg
Yea guys don’t count on it…. It’s a family site…. Just make Homophobic comments. Because that’s ok.

Or better yet attack other members

38a952e22d1293e143d6fce34c00f652.png
c90be2162233606c167830d2202b9731.jpg
Or statements that insinuate the sitting president should go F himself.

I’ll behave and I’m done posting anything that can upset anyone but let’s remember…. What’s good for the Goose..if we are going to police one police us all and MODS who do this should remain beyond reproach

[mention=8]wnybuckhunter[/mention]

Man to think I was on your side.

1. What Eddie said isn’t homophobic. Someone’s gender issues is not the same as their sexual preferences. At least get it right if you’re going to argue.

2. I didn’t attack anyone. Re-read that post and help me understand where there was any personal attack. At best I was a little shocked at how aggressive he was at a pretty minuscule comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Seeing as I’ve already said that this thread isn’t for memes, etc, and you guys just want to keep pushing buttons, the next person(s) to do it will be given vacations. 

Not pushing buttons, serious question; I understand you’re not allowing joke memes on this thread. But are you not allowing joke meme threads at all? Or no joke meme posting at all? I play by the rules, just want to be sure of them. 

It's in the small print everyone agrees to, without reading.

The site was originally intended and continues to be "family oriented", despite some slips and relaxed standards/practices in recent history.

Considering the legal age to hunt in the majority of NY is now 12... We can avoid issues by asking ourselves: "Would ł say this/share this with my 12 year old son/daughter, niece/nephew, grandson/granddaughter or neighbor kid?

If you question whether or not you would or answer "No", don't put it up here and lock the futures stewards of our sport out of what could be a valuable repository of info about hunting NY.

ł would not point anyone under 18 towards our site regardless of their interest in hunting. Simply because ł wouldn't want them to be subjected to the nonsense/inappropriate content that circulates far too frequently here.

(Not to mention making fools of Hunters everywhere, the public views this site and draws conclusions of "us" as a whole... whether we like it or not.)

Screenshot_20211109-175728_Chrome.thumb.jpg.31cd63501caf20bbfd4c342729169c5d.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, mowin said:

So why would you keep this thread open, but close the new one and give those a vacation? 

Baiting is illegal in NY. 

Because you are all big boys, and should be able to discuss things and follow the rules. Anyone that breaks them faces the consequences. As moderators, the only times we decide that a topic has gone far enough and lock it down, are when too many people take it over the line, or if it’s against the rules to begin with. It should be unusual that a thread is locked. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Because you are all big boys, and should be able to discuss things and follow the rules. Anyone that breaks them faces the consequences. As moderators, the only times we decide that a topic has gone far enough and lock it down, are when too many people take it over the line, or if it’s against the rules to begin with. It should be unusual that a thread is locked. 

I agree 100% . But this thread has gone to far. You deleted several chuckles , mine included before I knew it was forbidden. So I'm not sure why " Today's chuckle thread" is open when we can't post a chuckle?   

What if a new bee posts something, she/he might just go to the last page and post a chuckle. Granted, it's a unlikely event, lol...

Been a member on this site for ten years 

I just Came across the today chuckle during the pandemic.  I spent days going through all the pages , thankfully I screen shot all the good ones

nothing like a good laugh 

would send them to close friends and family

got great humor in things like:

why didnt the Mexican shoot a deer?

he didn’t habanero! 

seems like you should be able to block these younger kids on the site just like you can naughty stuff on the tv for those that aren’t yet 18-21 or older ??

Begging you to bring the good ol’ days back !

thansk bucktracker 

I too miss the chuckle thread.  It's going to get real slow here when deer season ends . It's going to be 10 months of cabin fever and not much of an outlet. 

The problem isn't the chuckle thread its the crass rudeness  and vulger content some people post .

Repeat offenders  should get a permanent  boot . We are all adults here ,we should understand  consequences  for actions . 

Shouldn't have to punish the group as a whole for the actions of a few.  No bail reform  BS .. no pleading for leniency  only to do it over and over again.  

Just my thoughts on it . 

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 8:50 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

Not pushing buttons, serious question; I understand you’re not allowing joke memes on this thread. But are you not allowing joke meme threads at all? Or no joke meme posting at all? I play by the rules, just want to be sure of them. 

So, what’s the ruling?

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

The ruling is No new chuckle thread. Jerkman decided to start one, and he got a vacation and the thread was locked. 

That’s a shame. Was always worth keeping up with. I posted quite a few there myself but always kept it out of the gutter. RIP daily chuckle thread!

• Like 3

On 12/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, mowin said:

I agree 100% . But this thread has gone to far. You deleted several chuckles , mine included before I knew it was forbidden. So I'm not sure why " Today's chuckle thread" is open when we can't post a chuckle?   

What if a new bee posts something, she/he might just go to the last page and post a chuckle. Granted, it's a unlikely event, lol...

So just let it die. I’ll unpin it. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 2:35 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Guys if you want to laugh there are other websites out there. MSNBC.Com is a good example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A new one with rules is in the works. I just Want to make sure the rules for the thread are clearly stated. It will be watched closely and there will be zero exceptions to the rules. Kinda like the harvest threads are run. Just trying to make something that doesn’t get out of hand. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2