My Rem 700 loves core-lokts

UpStateRedNeck

21 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Keep using Them! Their unfortunately the only factory ammo I’ve had fail to fire. 

was actually just reading about quite a few NY guys having no fires with them. New ammo too, not shelf turds from the basement. One guy yesterday had 2 not go off and 3rd went bang on the buck. Today he tried those 2 out of 2 different 06's and still wouldnt boom. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

was actually just reading about quite a few NY guys having no fires with them. New ammo too, not shelf turds from the basement. One guy yesterday had 2 not go off and 3rd went bang on the buck. Today he tried those 2 out of 2 different 06's and still wouldnt boom. 

Faulty primers would be my guess.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Middle is sig elite copper, bottom right is cheap old Remington core-lokts.  I want to switch to copper but she just loves those old lead bullets.  I've tried a dozen different shells, but just can't quit them.

IMG_20211112_135212.jpg

My single shot 30-06 is the same way. Hates copper rounds but shoots the cheap lead rounds great. I switched from the core-lokts to  federal because of 2 misfires and one year I shot a buck square in the shoulder blade and had a pin hole going in and going out the other side. The round never really expanded like they had in years past.  

• Like 1

Grampy is probably right with misfires for the most part a primer problem, I had a misfire myself for the first time ever with a 25-06 handload last fall and it was because of a faulty primer.

Any ammo or components that have major reliability problems usually get recalled by the manufacturer and it is not as rare as some would think.

Al

https://www.firearmsid.com/Recalls/Ammo_Recalls 1.htm

• 2 months later...

Just picked up two boxes on 150 grain 308 cor-lokts and noticed they all seem to have a slight  burr of lead at the top which  I never noticed on older stock   I compared them to some of  my older rounds and there is a difference not huge but a difference might be enough to effect bullet trajectory has anyone notice a difference in the newer Remington rounds

8 hours ago, Bobbym said:

Just picked up two boxes on 150 grain 308 cor-lokts and noticed they all seem to have a slight  burr of lead at the top which  I never noticed on older stock   I compared them to some of  my older rounds and there is a difference not huge but a difference might be enough to effect bullet trajectory has anyone notice a difference in the newer Remington rounds

Where did you happen to find them, if you don't mind my asking?

• 2 weeks later...

Federal is now making all Remington ammo so you should see an improvement in quality. They just came out with a tipped core-loc. It may not be out on the market yet. As for the basement stuff that’s all I shot in my guns and never have had a miss firer only use factory ammo to set a baseline.

On 11/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, UpStateRedNeck said:

Middle is sig elite copper, bottom right is cheap old Remington core-lokts.  I want to switch to copper but she just loves those old lead bullets.  I've tried a dozen different shells, but just can't quit them.

IMG_20211112_135212.jpg

What distance are you shooting for these targets?