New state record deer but is it legit

phantom

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Looks like high fence or escaped high fence.  Way too much body mass and antler “junk” for free range from that part of the country (central OK).  Many of the ignorant will be fooled though.

Says that guy owns  a oil and gas company in the area so he definitely had the means and access to either great hunting land or a deer farm to  shoot a big one like that  i guess . Bet if you look inside that deers stomach it was full of corn .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have you hunted out there ?

No but there are plenty of videos of guys hunting deer this big on private and public land in Oklahoma with a simple search of YouTube.  I've  had my hands on 2 racks in the 170s and one non typical  180s shot within a few miles of my house where  i have never seen one over 140. So it is completely plausible  this deer is legit. 

5 minutes ago, Lucky118 said:

No but there are plenty of videos of guys hunting deer this big on private and public land in Oklahoma with a simple search of YouTube.  I've  had my hands on 2 racks in the 170s and one non typical  180s shot within a few miles of my house where  i have never seen one over 140. So it is completely plausible  this deer is legit. 

I'm hopeful it is. Too many are proven otherwise. I'm on the hopeful side.

9 minutes ago, Lucky118 said:

Yea well thats youtube  no way to know for sure from those videos . 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lucky118 said:

They got big ones out there but nothing like that  fron one i can see i mean this is from there fish and game department .