Leftists have shown their hand. You cannot defend yourself.

14 minutes ago, left field said:

Tomorrow is opening day and I hope you take the opportunity to get outside, breathe the free air, clear your head and allow yourself a break from gumming up the sub with the incessant angry old man posting. 

Pot calling the kettle black, as most of what you post and complain about is in the politics section of which you profess to hope seen gone. You should take your own advice and do some hunting and post some useful information about what this board's main theme is and stay out of here and save yourself all this aggravation because you are not going to change any minds.

Al

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, airedale said:

Pot calling the kettle black, as most of what you post and complain about is in the politics section of which you profess to hope seen gone. You should take your own advice and do some hunting and post some useful information about what this board's main theme is and stay out of here and save yourself all this aggravation because you are not going to change any minds.

Al

I'm not as accomplished as others when to comes to hunting, though I do post pics of birds shot, my new shotgun, and certainly can talk about fly fishing ad infinitum. I also post about general stuff once in a while.

I just got all my gear for tomorrow out - gun ready, clothes laid out, pack packed. Fingers crossed.

As to why I look at this sub, there are many reasons. I'm a political creature by nature, the covid thread is here, and at times, it's like a trainwreck so I have to slow down.

I also got dragged into it when I said that Trump was a venal, morally bankrupt, monosyllabic moron using the WH as his new grift. Which, of course, labelled me as a flaming liberal. Somewhat funny as my friends and family consider me the staunch conservative. 

As to aggravation, I'm fine, Al. I'm a fully functioning adult and don't lose my mind over what internet constructs think about my internet construct. And I know how to conduct myself in real life. Even the one GTG I attended went well. Hell, Jeremy K and I shook hands, but that may have been before he knew I was a libtard.

And I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind. 

I also have no power to change the forum. I will point out that the best and most helpful people on HNY don't come into this sub at all. If it shut down tomorrow there would be great loss to the forum and I'm sure Grouse could move over to 24hourcampfire where his views would no doubt be welcome.

That's an interesting forum comparison - 24HCF and Rokslide. The first allows for complete free political and social speech in the campfire section which is filled with racist, misogynist assholes feeding each other bile. Angry old men whining to all their e-friends. Sadly, it can overwhelm the other useful sections of the forum.

Rokslide, however, doesn't allow politics (or allow them to get too far) and the forum is filled with great hunting and gear information. 

HNY can be more the latter, but this sub brings it down. 

Anyway, off to do a hike, clear my head and breathe the free air. Good luck tomorrow if you're going out. 

On 11/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, left field said:

Just so I'm clear on the rules, referring to a member as "***clown" gets you in a time out, but calling another member a "piece of ****" is okay?

If you lgo back and ook at the thread progression , I believe that VH came off incredibly demeaning and insulting initially and for no apparent reason which started it all, merely because he didnt like Farmers opinion on the Rittenhouse trial  (I think it was Farmer , but not sure and I'm too lazy to go back and verify lol!!).  Who called VH a piece of s$%&?  I must have missed thhat cuz didnt see it.

I've been bow hunting since Wednesday and just get to HNY once an evening now.  I I laugh every time I read new comments from our resident lefties.  The Rittenhouse trial isn't about eliminating your right to self defense?  LOL!!  I don't know what trial you're watching or where you get you ideas from, but that is just naive denial.

As far as you all wishing this political forum went away, I offer this bit of sane advice.  If you don't come here an open these threads, They do go away for you.  You guys need to admit you post on these threads to try and attack the opinions presented because you don't want others to read them, think for themselves and adopt them.  You never offer any valid refutation or rebuttal to the conservative viewpoints, nor are you willing to engage in civil debate.   All you do is slander and complain about the people posting.  It's the typical leftist playbook you've been told to use and is textbook cancel culture.  Try debating with intelligence. 

Wait, that won't be possible, because any level of intelligence would prevent you from being a leftist, or opening these threads and complaining about how offended you are by them.

6 hours ago, left field said:

I'm not as accomplished as others when to comes to hunting, though I do post pics of birds shot, my new shotgun, and certainly can talk about fly fishing ad infinitum. I also post about general stuff once in a while.

I just got all my gear for tomorrow out - gun ready, clothes laid out, pack packed. Fingers crossed.

As to why I look at this sub, there are many reasons. I'm a political creature by nature, the covid thread is here, and at times, it's like a trainwreck so I have to slow down.

I also got dragged into it when I said that Trump was a venal, morally bankrupt, monosyllabic moron using the WH as his new grift. Which, of course, labelled me as a flaming liberal. Somewhat funny as my friends and family consider me the staunch conservative. 

As to aggravation, I'm fine, Al. I'm a fully functioning adult and don't lose my mind over what internet constructs think about my internet construct. And I know how to conduct myself in real life. Even the one GTG I attended went well. Hell, Jeremy K and I shook hands, but that may have been before he knew I was a libtard.

And I'm certainly not trying to change anyone's mind. 

I also have no power to change the forum. I will point out that the best and most helpful people on HNY don't come into this sub at all. If it shut down tomorrow there would be great loss to the forum and I'm sure Grouse could move over to 24hourcampfire where his views would no doubt be welcome.

That's an interesting forum comparison - 24HCF and Rokslide. The first allows for complete free political and social speech in the campfire section which is filled with racist, misogynist assholes feeding each other bile. Angry old men whining to all their e-friends. Sadly, it can overwhelm the other useful sections of the forum.

Rokslide, however, doesn't allow politics (or allow them to get too far) and the forum is filled with great hunting and gear information. 

HNY can be more the latter, but this sub brings it down. 

Anyway, off to do a hike, clear my head and breathe the free air. Good luck tomorrow if you're going out. 

Yea brother with all do respect Just write hunting stuff . Politics is not for you.

On 11/19/2021 at 9:52 AM, left field said:

This case doesn't put the "right to self defense" on trial; it hinges on whether or not this was a legitimate and legal use of self defense.

Just some FYI's to educate you on why this wasn't just about this case.

"The verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included." —President Joe Biden

"The verdict really speaks for itself. As many of you know, I've spent the majority of my career working to make the criminal justice system more equitable, and clearly there's a lot more to do." —Vice President Kamala Harris ("Kamala Harris, who shared a bail fund for criminal rioters during the summer 2020 riots, says 'there's a lot more work to do' with the criminal justice system." —Daily Caller)

"It's disgusting and disturbing that someone was able to carry a loaded assault rifle into a protest against the unjust killing of Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man, and take the lives of two people and injure another — and face absolutely no consequences." —Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chairman Sean Patrick Maloney ("Jacob Blake was paralyzed by the shooting, not killed, and was in fact armed with a knife. The police officer who responded to the domestic disturbance call that led to Blake's shooting was not charged either by the state or the federal government after investigations." —Fox News)

"This heartbreaking verdict is a miscarriage of justice and sets a dangerous precedent which justifies federal review by DOJ. Justice cannot tolerate armed persons crossing state lines looking for trouble while people engage in First Amendment-protected protest." —House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler ("White Congressman who represents Wall Street district calls for retrial of criminal defendant acquitted of shooting three white men." —Dan McLaughlin)

"It is unconscionable our justice system would allow an armed vigilante ... to go free. The ludicrous claim of self-defense is on par with the abhorrent behavior displayed by the prosecution and the judge." —Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Chairwoman Joyce Beatty

"The acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse is an example of why the nation must re-examine self-defense laws in our justice system. When you seek out violence wielding a dangerous weapon, there should be accountability for deadly results." —Congresswoman Carolyn Bourdeaux

"Kyle Rittenhouse is living proof that white tears can still forestall justice. A murderer is once again walking free today — our system is terribly broken." —Congressman Adriano Espaillat

"Racism & white supremacy remain the bedrock of our legal system. My heart breaks for the family & loved ones of those whose lives were stolen, and the trauma our communities face today and every day. The struggle for accountability, for justice, for healing goes on." —Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley

"America today: you can break the law, carry around weapons built for a military, shoot and kill people, and get away with it. That's the message we've just sent to armed vigilantes across the nation." —California Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom

"Carrying a loaded gun into a community 20 miles from your home and shooting unarmed citizens is fundamentally wrong. It's a tragedy that the court could not acknowledge that basic fact. 26-year-old Anthony Huber and 36-year-old Joseph Rosenbaum, a father, had their whole lives ahead of them. They deserved to be alive today. They deserve justice. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who loved them. We must do better than this." —Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker

"No one should ever take the law into their own hands, or attempt to make themselves the judge, jury, and executioner. What Kyle Rittenhouse did was reckless, dangerous, and showed an utter disregard for human life. My condolences go out to the family, friends, and loved ones of the victims during this difficult time." —Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot

"Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum are victims. They should be alive today. The only reason they're not is because a violent, dangerous man chose to take a gun across state lines and start shooting people. To call this a miscarriage of justice is an understatement." —New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio

"This is yet another reminder that our system needs to be uprooted and reformed." —New York Attorney General Letitia James

"We knew, but it's sometimes helpful to remind ourselves how America was designed to work. It continues to work as designed. We have learned again what is considered legal for some people to do in America. It's helpful to know where you stand in your country." —MSNBC's Joy Reid

"I'm disgusted at what I'm seeing. It's not just this trial — it's other trials — but this in particular. The fact that white supremacists roam the halls of Congress freely and celebrate this little murderous white supremacist, and the fact that he gets to walk the streets freely. It lets you know these people have access to instituting laws. They represent the legislative branch of this country." —MSNBC's Tiffany Cross

"This is not a miscarriage of justice. This is justice working as intended for white people. ... This is what a majority of white people vote for. When I say that majority of white people are in favor of this kind of violence, it is because a majority of white people consistently vote Republican." —The Nation legal correspondent Elie Mystal

"Kyle Rittenhouse killed two people and is not guilty of murder. This is indeed a grave miscarriage of justice." —"Reverend" Jesse Jackson

"In this country, you can even kill white people and get away with it if those white people are fighting for Black lives. This is the legacy of 1619." —Nikole Hannah-Jones

"We just witnessed a system built on white supremacy validate the terroristic acts of a white supremacist. This only further validates the need to abolish our current system. White supremacy cannot be reformed." —former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernic ("Three white men — one convicted child rapist, one domestic abuser, and one previously charged with burglary — tried to burn down black-owned businesses and were shot when they attacked a kid and Colin insists it's 'white supremacy.'" —Dana Loesch)

"Ha, let the boy be black and it would've been life…hell he would've had his life taken before the bullsh*t trial.. sad." —NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace ("Remember when you lied about a noose in your garage?" —Matt Walsh)

• Like 2

No. Go back and reference “assclown”. I just quoted his latest post. 

Why was he banned for that post but this was allowed to slide? Are we now banning people because we don’t agree with their political ideology? It really needs to be a all or none here.

I am calling for a TIME OUT for this poster as well

462ba67f9d5ec0526f0605f1f3723196.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Grouse said:

Just some FYI's to educate you on why this wasn't just about this case.

"The verdict in Kenosha will leave many Americans feeling angry and concerned, myself included." —President Joe Biden

"The verdict really speaks for itself. As many of you know, I've spent the majority of my career working to make the criminal justice system more equitable, and clearly there's a lot more to do." —Vice President Kamala Harris ("Kamala Harris, who shared a bail fund for criminal rioters during the summer 2020 riots, says 'there's a lot more work to do' with the criminal justice system." —Daily Caller)

"It's disgusting and disturbing that someone was able to carry a loaded assault rifle into a protest against the unjust killing of Jacob Blake, an unarmed Black man, and take the lives of two people and injure another — and face absolutely no consequences." —Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) Chairman Sean Patrick Maloney ("Jacob Blake was paralyzed by the shooting, not killed, and was in fact armed with a knife. The police officer who responded to the domestic disturbance call that led to Blake's shooting was not charged either by the state or the federal government after investigations." —Fox News)

"This heartbreaking verdict is a miscarriage of justice and sets a dangerous precedent which justifies federal review by DOJ. Justice cannot tolerate armed persons crossing state lines looking for trouble while people engage in First Amendment-protected protest." —House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler ("White Congressman who represents Wall Street district calls for retrial of criminal defendant acquitted of shooting three white men." —Dan McLaughlin)

"It is unconscionable our justice system would allow an armed vigilante ... to go free. The ludicrous claim of self-defense is on par with the abhorrent behavior displayed by the prosecution and the judge." —Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Chairwoman Joyce Beatty

"The acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse is an example of why the nation must re-examine self-defense laws in our justice system. When you seek out violence wielding a dangerous weapon, there should be accountability for deadly results." —Congresswoman Carolyn Bourdeaux

"Kyle Rittenhouse is living proof that white tears can still forestall justice. A murderer is once again walking free today — our system is terribly broken." —Congressman Adriano Espaillat

"Racism & white supremacy remain the bedrock of our legal system. My heart breaks for the family & loved ones of those whose lives were stolen, and the trauma our communities face today and every day. The struggle for accountability, for justice, for healing goes on." —Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley

"America today: you can break the law, carry around weapons built for a military, shoot and kill people, and get away with it. That's the message we've just sent to armed vigilantes across the nation." —California Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom

"Carrying a loaded gun into a community 20 miles from your home and shooting unarmed citizens is fundamentally wrong. It's a tragedy that the court could not acknowledge that basic fact. 26-year-old Anthony Huber and 36-year-old Joseph Rosenbaum, a father, had their whole lives ahead of them. They deserved to be alive today. They deserve justice. My thoughts and prayers go out to all who loved them. We must do better than this." —Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker

"No one should ever take the law into their own hands, or attempt to make themselves the judge, jury, and executioner. What Kyle Rittenhouse did was reckless, dangerous, and showed an utter disregard for human life. My condolences go out to the family, friends, and loved ones of the victims during this difficult time." —Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot

"Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum are victims. They should be alive today. The only reason they're not is because a violent, dangerous man chose to take a gun across state lines and start shooting people. To call this a miscarriage of justice is an understatement." —New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio

"This is yet another reminder that our system needs to be uprooted and reformed." —New York Attorney General Letitia James

"We knew, but it's sometimes helpful to remind ourselves how America was designed to work. It continues to work as designed. We have learned again what is considered legal for some people to do in America. It's helpful to know where you stand in your country." —MSNBC's Joy Reid

"I'm disgusted at what I'm seeing. It's not just this trial — it's other trials — but this in particular. The fact that white supremacists roam the halls of Congress freely and celebrate this little murderous white supremacist, and the fact that he gets to walk the streets freely. It lets you know these people have access to instituting laws. They represent the legislative branch of this country." —MSNBC's Tiffany Cross

"This is not a miscarriage of justice. This is justice working as intended for white people. ... This is what a majority of white people vote for. When I say that majority of white people are in favor of this kind of violence, it is because a majority of white people consistently vote Republican." —The Nation legal correspondent Elie Mystal

"Kyle Rittenhouse killed two people and is not guilty of murder. This is indeed a grave miscarriage of justice." —"Reverend" Jesse Jackson

"In this country, you can even kill white people and get away with it if those white people are fighting for Black lives. This is the legacy of 1619." —Nikole Hannah-Jones

"We just witnessed a system built on white supremacy validate the terroristic acts of a white supremacist. This only further validates the need to abolish our current system. White supremacy cannot be reformed." —former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernic ("Three white men — one convicted child rapist, one domestic abuser, and one previously charged with burglary — tried to burn down black-owned businesses and were shot when they attacked a kid and Colin insists it's 'white supremacy.'" —Dana Loesch)

"Ha, let the boy be black and it would've been life…hell he would've had his life taken before the bullsh*t trial.. sad." —NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace ("Remember when you lied about a noose in your garage?" —Matt Walsh)

Hope he sues every single one of them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Why was he banned for that post but this was allowed to slide? Are we now banning people because we don’t agree with their political ideology? It really needs to be a all or none here.

I am calling for a TIME OUT for this poster as well

462ba67f9d5ec0526f0605f1f3723196.png

So now you think time-outs are being handed out for disagreeing with an opinion? Not at all. The guy was very new to the site and warned multiple times before he got a vacation. Long time members get a bit more leeway, kinda like you did. 

I dont See every post, A lot of things are brought to my attention. I’ll deal with Belo on this one. Thanks for pointing it out. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 12:42 PM, left field said:

Just so I'm clear on the rules, referring to a member as "***clown" gets you in a time out, but calling another member a "piece of ****" is okay?

Bring the posts like that to our attention and we will handle it. Do you guys understand that Eddie and I dont Have time to read every post?

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Bring the posts like that to our attention and we will handle it. Do you guys understand that Eddie and I dont Have time to read every post?

I asked Leftfield to produce the post where someone called VH a piece of *$%# a week ago  and he never did; due to this , I question its existence.  

29175994e8031d16676ff346eaba6358.jpg
Here is a post that spews hate and homophobia is that to be ignored as well or because it fits a certain narrative it’s ok?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I asked Leftfield to produce the post where someone called VH a piece of *$%# a week ago  and he never did; due to this , I question its existence.  

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I will back up LF, as I saw it too. I don't remember who said it, but it was just a couple of posts after the one that got VH kicked. It must have been deleted/edited because I don't see it now. 

I partially agree with what you said and let me explain why:

It is true that Larry shouldnt have stooped to VH's level but who brought it there first? 

To use an analogy , if a kid hits another kid for no reason but that they disagreed with them and the other kids hits back, were they wrong? Technically, yes, according to most but couldnt you empathize with that kid for doing so? I sure would cuz you get sick of that crap.

7 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I partially agree with what you said and let me explain why:

It is true that Larry shouldnt have stooped to VH's level but who brought it there first? 

To use an analogy , if a kid hits another kid for no reason but that they disagreed with them and the other kids hits back, were they wrong? Technically, yes, according to most but couldnt you empathize with that kid for doing so? I sure would cuz you get sick of that crap.

I think the name calling is unnecessary to begin with, and if there are going to be consequences for it, then it needs to be across the board. However, I don't loose any sleep over the rules of the forum or their enforcement. 

I can agree with your analogy, beyond that being called a name by someone on the internet isn't quite the same as assault and battery (I maybe a little extreme on my terminology). In addition, VH's insult wasn't aimed at Larry, and I'm not sure that Larry's insult was in retaliation. Regardless, in the grand scheme, non of it matters at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I think the name calling is unnecessary to begin with, and if there are going to be consequences for it, then it needs to be across the board. However, I don't loose any sleep over the rules of the forum or their enforcement. 

I can agree with your analogy, beyond that being called a name by someone on the internet isn't quite the same as assault and battery (I maybe a little extreme on my terminology). In addition, VH's insult wasn't aimed at Larry, and I'm not sure that Larry's insult was in retaliation. Regardless, in the grand scheme, non of it matters at all. 

I agree , but analogies arent ever exactly the same are they? I think you know my rep on here and will NEVER resort to name calling, no matter the situation (i'd PM the jerk and have a little heart to heart first if ever came to it!).  Having said that, you are correct that the Assclown epithet wasnt directed  directly at Larry, but as you said , all name calling is wrong and shouldnt be tolerated. My problem with all of this is what appeared to prompt the insults in the first place : because VH disagreed with Farmers stance on the Rittenhouse issue? Very intolerant and arrogant IMHO.  Although I disagree with VH on virtually EVERYTHING political, I do enjoy his posts very much and respect and appreciate his opinion/point of view; I just wish he wouldnt resort to the name calling and the condescending/arrogant tone he adopts in his posts sometimes.  I'm sure youve notice that and agree with that, correct? 

5 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I agree , but analogies arent ever exactly the same are they? I think you know my rep on here and will NEVER resort to name calling, no matter the situation (i'd PM the jerk and have a little heart to heart first if ever came to it!).  Having said that, you are correct that the Assclown epithet wasnt directed  directly at Larry, but as you said , all name calling is wrong and shouldnt be tolerated. My problem with all of this is what appeared to prompt the insults in the first place : because VH disagreed with Farmers stance on the Rittenhouse issue? Very intolerant and arrogant IMHO.  Although I disagree with VH on virtually EVERYTHING political, I do enjoy his posts very much and respect and appreciate his opinion/point of view; I just wish he wouldnt resort to the name calling and the condescending/arrogant tone he adopts in his posts sometimes.  I'm sure youve notice that and agree with that, correct? 

I think you know that I respect you and your opinions. We don't always agree, but you changed my mind on things a couple of times, and given me a new perspective to consider many times. You've accomplished this by being respectful and considerate of my point of view. I know I can't speak for everyone, but I respond well to that. However, there are a lot of folks who like to shove their perspective down throats and insult others who don't see things they way that they do. I peruse the Politics section, but seldom engage anymore.

I enjoy reading differences in perspective. One thing I've discovered by "observing" rather than participating is that arrogance and "know it all's" are very ineffective at connecting with anyone other than those who already agree with them. I appreciate those who share their opinions, respect other points of view, and can offer an alternative without insulting or "vilifying" someone who doesn't share their perspective. Thanks for the respectful discussion @Northcountryman

• Like 1

So youre saying that name calling should be allowed then, Mike? May sound petty and childish , but ultimately, without said rules, forum would devolve into a chaotic brawl that noone would wanna be a part of. Most of us on here can refrain from this behavior - a few cannot.  Thus, there must be rules in place as a deterrent. 

5 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

So youre saying that name calling should be allowed then, Mike? May sound petty and childish , but ultimately, without said rules, forum would devolve into a chaotic brawl that noone would wanna be a part of. Most of us on here can refrain from this behavior - a few cannot.  Thus, there must be rules in place as a deterrent. 

Wasn't talking about rules in general. He started it is a childish statement. Grouse regularly has pretty demeaning terms for leftists in his ramblings which i don't consider very civil. 

But I also don't really give a ....

21 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Wasn't talking about rules in general. He started it is a childish statement. Grouse regularly has pretty demeaning terms for leftists in his ramblings which i don't consider very civil. 

But I also don't really give a ....

Does Grouse name call Though ? Being called a Is not the same thing as being called an Assclown: one is a political description/ characterization, the other is a demeaning slur that NEVER could be construed as complimentary.