Food on the hunt ?

luberhill

9 minutes ago, luberhill said:

I was talking to my boss, I asked him if he brings a snack .. wtf he brings a MEAL !

He brings 2 sandwiches , couple granola bars , bottles of water …

I bring a bottle of water and a package of orange peanut butter crackers !

And most the time I don’t even eat them 

If I'm only going for a couple hrs it's usually sunflower seeds or apple and water. All day sit is a sandwich, trail mix,apple, something with peanut butter and 2 or 3 bottles of water. 

Don't usually do the all day sits.couple pieces of peanut butter candy n coffee is my go to during morning or afternoon sits.sandwich and maybe ziploc baggie with a few chips in it for all day.apples are a no go for this guy,bad experience!!!!no joke,last year I was in the "creek" stand,afternoon sit.pulled out an apple n started munchin,had a piece lodge in my throat,gasped a few times then finally got it to come up.grunted 3 times after in hopes to cover my coughing n threw the apple in the creek I was sitting next to:rofl:

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 1

I take nothing. Being hungry makes me shoot more. 

I rarely take anything. Once in a while a water or a mini Gatorade. I keep a water in the truck all of hunting season.

When I drove farther to hunt I would take a thermos of coffee or cider. Mostly for after the hunt to warm up on the way home. But now I hunt 6 minutes away from home. 

I rarely all day hunt though. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

For longer than a morning sit it's usually a water, Ham Sammy with cheese, Halloween candy, maybe a pop tart. I have learned to always have a bottle of water in my backpack. Helps if you get that random tickle in your throat and stops you from coughing.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I rarely bring food with me hunting other than candy bars around Halloween.  
Maybe an apple every once in a while early in bow in Oct if we went pickin.  I don’t bring water.
Sometimes I will bring coffee in Dunkin  type bottle during rifle and black powder. 

If I get hungry i can walk to my house in 2 minutes. I rarely sit all day during bow sometimes I will during Gun. Having the back 40 as your backyard great.  

A few hours...nothin. I make sure I eat well in the a.m. and hydrate well. In the pm before going to my stand a candy bar snack and hydrate.I dont want to move in my tree stand any more than necessary. If I am going for a few hour walk/still hunt, I will likely bring a snickers bar and a bottle of water to enjoy as I find a good look out. 

Now, on a bear hunt when I am going to be in my ground stand for maybe eight hours, I will bring a couple sandwiches made up of leftovrs, some cookies and at least a bottle of water.The only problem with that is I am guaranteed to have a critter show just as I am getting into my vittles.

Not an issue anymore, but the many years I hunted PA  all day sits (or more often STANDS) were   the norm..

I'd take a couple of Payday bars, a couple of Almond Joys, a couple of  Reese's cups, a sandwich ( my favorite was cold sliced deer heart, but often it was canned sliced  corned beef or fried spam sandwiches instead.. Sometimes I'd throw in some jerky or Slim Jims..   usually, my lunch was all gone by 10:00 AM.....