Food on the hunt ?

luberhill

im gonna go trick or treating to all of your deer stands. 

Full meals, sunset photos, naps - sounds like your all on a date. Dont tell the wife what your doing she may start going with you!  No wonder the harvest thread is lacking. Focus people.  

Actually im all in.  Hunting is supposed to be enjoyable.  Thus the reason i usually dont hunt or fish in the rain. Do what makes it a good time for you.  Snack away.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Not sure how some of you guys have not anything, even a bottle of water. My 2 hour sit may turn to 9 or I may set off on a track or be tracking a hit deer. Or kill one and drag it a mile without a sip of water.....nope. Or you get hurt and don't even have clean water to rinse a wound.....I am always prepared lol

I have a couple of small packs on my belt that carry items for emergencies and for something to drink I just do not have a need for food when I am hunting, pretty easy for me. I take a sip from the little  Stanley if I get thirsty, the little Coleman first aid kit  I have had to use it for my Dogs a couple of times.

Al

2021-11-18_074101.png

2021-11-18_140512.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

At a bare minimum for a few hour sit I always have a bottle of water and a granola bar with me. It's been like that since my early 20's when my uncle and I where on a late morning tracking job that lasted way to long and neither of us had water on us. By the time we called it we where both regretting not bringing out water for the "quick" sit. Sometimes I wont even open the water but I like to have it just in case.

For an all day sit it just varies by how I feel and what I have available to make and bring. Generally that means PB&J sammy or 2, granola bars and candy to go with my water bottle. I've had breakfast sandwiches, subs, trail mix, popcorn and coffee in the stand as well but not to often because that takes preplanning that I just don't do.  

The unknown is exactly why ł bring my standard mix. 

If ł have to track for myself or someone else, there's no knowing how long that may take or how far we will travel. ł have helped a buddy track the better part of a mile through some nasty stuff before and shredding layers combined with a Gatorade made it bearable for me. 

2 qt is a lot, more than ł need... But ł can always share and the hot thermos can help warm you back up if that tracking keeps you out while the evening draws on and the temp drops.

• Like 1

The unknown is exactly why ł bring my standard mix. 
If ł have to track for myself or someone else, there's no knowing how long that may take or how far we will travel. ł have helped a buddy track the better part of a mile through some nasty stuff before and shredding layers combined with a Gatorade made it bearable for me. 
2 qt is a lot, more than ł need... But ł can always share and the hot thermos can help warm you back up if that tracking keeps you out while the evening draws on and the temp drops.

Yep. I got caught once un prepared. Never again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1