Best Of Luck On The S. Z. Firearms Opener!!!

grampy

Though I've not been particularly successful on opening mornings over many years, More so on day two for me. I want to wish you all a SAFE and successful opening day, and season!

Shoot straight, and and I'm looking forward to all the pictures and stories!!!

• Like 14

Having a couple pre opening morning beers.Woke up feeling like coming down with a cold.the normal weather change crap for me(I hope)refuse to miss opening day unless I'm down and out.slammed an emergen-c packet this am.alarm set for morning.good luck to all and be safe!!!!!don't forget pics!!

• Like 1

Just now, moog5050 said:

My daughter just said she is going with me.  Yay.   I don’t care if I don’t shoot a thing.  Some me with her hanging in the blind is priceless.  It’s been a while.   Good luck all.  

That's awesome!!!!I'm sure that put a smile on ur face,hope you two knock one down tomorrow!!!!!

• Like 1

I love seeing the enthusiasm and excitement folks, personally I have not hunted for Deer in the southern zones in decades but back in the days I did it was a big deal for me and for friends and family. Hunted just outside of Norwich and remember driving down RT 12 before daylight and the convoy of hunter's cars as far as the eye could see both in front and behind heading to their hunting grounds. Sounded like the forth of July when the sun came up.

Be safe and good luck to all.

Al

• Like 1

I would be thankful for a mature doe, on opening weekend in wny.  The weather looks perfect for hanging one in the garage next week, and that would give us plenty of grind for another year.  I will have a tough decision to make on an antlered buck.  He will need to be at least a solid 2.5 year old.  

It is a lot nicer, hunting up in the northern zone after Thanksgiving with a buck tag, than it is without one and trying to find a bear that forgot to hibernate. 

Good luck and safe hunt to all !

I’ll be in my blind by 6

Been seeing lots of does and a few bucks on camera.

I hunt 26 acres alone . The land around me is hunted ..

Im happy if I get one , buck or doe I don’t really care .

Last year I killed a big doe at 10am opening day ..

Two years ago I killed a big doe the last day at 3pm …

I like getting one opening day, takes the pressure off

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

My daughter just said she is going with me.  Yay.   I don’t care if I don’t shoot a thing.  Some me with her hanging in the blind is priceless.  It’s been a while.   Good luck all.  

I told my boy, 19, I was getting up at 3:45 and he said I'll catch ya for the afternoon hunt Dad lol. 

Enjoy it!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good luck to all . Making meat tomorrow.  New neighbors are putting 5 people in 49 acres people down hill are suppose to have 5 on 25 acres and 3 of us on my 30 ... should be an interesting  morning . Not expecting alot as cameras have been pretty dead . Wife is going to be pretty toasty in the new she shed/ hunting shack. 2 comfy chairs, buddy heater, and pee bucket . She is looking forward  to hunting this year .

My older son is going with me. His first opening day for deer....the kid is so pumped he couldn't even stay in his after we put him down for the night. Not sure I'll sleep much either tonight since I am excited as well!!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1