What will you be carrying for Opening Day?

WNYBuckHunter

What will you guys and gals be carrying for Opening Day this year? I know some people are having a hard time finding ammo and might be using something out of the ordinary. 

My choice this year is my Browning AB3 in 300 Win Mag. I would rather have my 308, as it’s a much nicer carry and isn’t complete overkill, but at least I wont have to worry about tracking anything. 

Not opening day, but hopefully Sunday. I'm going to be taking the old Remington 760 that was given to me this summer on condition that I send a photo of the deer I take with it. I took it out last Monday, and it's still hitting right where I want it to. I really hope I can get a deer that would like it's photo taken with it :)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Splitear said:

Not opening day, but hopefully Sunday. I'm going to be taking the old Remington 760 that was given to me this summer on condition that I send a photo of the deer I take with it. I took it out last Monday, and it's still hitting right where I want it to. I really hope I can get a deer that would like it's photo taken with it :)

I remember your post about this and the story. I am routing for you to get it done, and bring the story full circle. 

• Like 1

I debated over this and decided I'll start out with the Axis .308 shooting American Whitetails in 150gr. If I have some luck early in the season, I want to get out with the .350 semi that I built with Winchester 180gr's. It shoots well, but I haven't taken deer with it yet. I don't want any variables and I know that the .308 is field proven.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PraiseDiana said:

Beautiful rifle!

I'll be using my trusty Savage 110 in .308. This year I'm switching over from Black Hills BTHP to the venerable Remington CoreLokt though.

Thanks. Came with a different stock that I used for years and always wanted a thumb hole stock. Went on boyds stocks and picked up stock and forearm for 120 3 yrs ago.