What will you be carrying for Opening Day?

WNYBuckHunter

6 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Very easy to find ammo now, Target sports usa has most all calibers, you may not get the type you want but its there. Ill be using my Howa 1500 308 with 168 grain Berger hunter hybrids. They shot excellent last week out to 300 yards. 

Son either his 6.5CM or .243 with Hornaday soft points. 

It will have to ship to a FFL after September 1st. Good things never last in this state 

20 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

It will have to ship to a FFL after September 1st. Good things never last in this state 

Yes I’ve heard that, but I also heard that with the safe act. Nysp has confirmed when called my my local gun store to keep selling ammo as normal as theirs still no system in place. 
Ill just ship to my buddy in PA.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Yes I’ve heard that, but I also heard that with the safe act. Nysp has confirmed when called my my local gun store to keep selling ammo as normal as theirs still no system in place. 
Ill just ship to my buddy in PA.

September 4th starts the day when a permit is required for semi auto long guns. Id imagine you can still have ammo shipped to your door, but you are traceable with any purchase over the internet. I do know of a couple companies that will ship here but you must call over the phone so there is no "trail".. They've been that way for a long time.. for safety sake. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

September 4th starts the day when a permit is required for semi auto long guns. Id imagine you can still have ammo shipped to your door, but you are traceable with any purchase over the internet. I do know of a couple companies that will ship here but you must call over the phone so there is no "trail".. They've been that way for a long time.. for safety sake. 

Targetsports usa has already confirmed they’ll will ship right to your door after sept, im not worried about a trace lol, I’ve had over 20k rounds shipped here but only store around 2 k here.