Tree stand on state land

BigVal

So if you are taking a stand it can't damage any tree. Yes you can leave it but I believe it may need your name and contact info.  Also if you are taking a hang on setup take the bottom 2 sticks with you.  If you are leaving it over night I wouldn't worry about leaving your info on it.  But do suggest taking the bottom sticks with you.  I do that quite often. If I know I'll be back in the morning I just leave the stand

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

So if you are taking a stand it can't damage any tree. Yes you can leave it but I believe it may need your name and contact info.  Also if you are taking a hang on setup take the bottom 2 sticks with you.  If you are leaving it over night I wouldn't worry about leaving your info on it.  But do suggest taking the bottom sticks with you.  I do that quite often. If I know I'll be back in the morning I just leave the stand

Thanks alot man I appreciate it

If you're looking for a simple answer to what appears to be a simple question, I believe you are going to be disappointed. Rules for state forests are not the same at Wildlife Management Areas. WMA's require you to remove your personal property when you leave. State Forests prohibit "permanent" stands, so you should take the stand down after the season. In practice, stands are left in place in both areas for years!

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

We let my stand set for 2 days scent free. Climber nobody touched it like @Swamp_buckssaid nobody walks as far like us. Showed up both morning s it was still there.