Baffin Insulated Hunting Boots

I bought a pair of Baffin Insulated Hunting Boots and wore them for the 1st time last Saturday . I wasn't impressed with them for keeping my feet warm . I had to order 1 1/2 size larger than my other footwear due to the bulky insulation . I tried putting my heated insoles in but that didn't work . I wore my heated socks but couldn't reach inside the boots to turn them on . I did use a pair of the toe warmers in the boots . I had thought that since the boots were engineered in Canada that they would be much better . 

26 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I bought a pair of Baffin Insulated Hunting Boots and wore them for the 1st time last Saturday . I wasn't impressed with them for keeping my feet warm . I had to order 1 1/2 size larger than my other footwear due to the bulky insulation . I tried putting my heated insoles in but that didn't work . I wore my heated socks but couldn't reach inside the boots to turn them on . I did use a pair of the toe warmers in the boots . I had thought that since the boots were engineered in Canada that they would be much better . 

Baffin has many different insulated hunting boots.  What model did you get?

I only once got a cold foot in plain old army surplus Mickey Mouse boots and a single pair of medium weight wool blend socks.  I have worn the same pair for the last 10 years and they have held up very well.

The time I got a cold foot, was in mid December when it was about 20 degrees out, and I took water over the top on my third deep ditch crossing.  

If you pull the laces tight, you can make a couple deep water crossings without taking on too much water.  My wet foot was numb by the time I made it back to the house.

Sportsman’s guide used to sell them for $ 40.  I imagine you could still find them on EBay for comparable inflation-adjusted cost.  

40 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Shame. I have a few pairs and they do the opposite for me. Yes, order a size up, yes they are big and clunky, but they are amazingly comfortable and the warmest pair of boots I've owned.

What model did you get ?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Baffin Polar Proven Titans ........

I’m looking at these as a replacement for THIS season as the entire bottom tread ripped off when walking through some extremely sticky mud!!!! Those boots were clearly quite old!!

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-inferno-insulated-waterproof-hunting-boots-for-men

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Dad has those and loves them. They are so warm he only wears a real thin poly sock with them....and only uses them on days below 30.
For some odd reason I think I remember @Biz posting he we wears these boots as well.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I’m looking at these as a replacement for THIS season as the entire bottom tread ripped off when walking through some extremely sticky mud!!!! Those boots were clearly quite old!!

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/cabelas-inferno-insulated-waterproof-hunting-boots-for-men

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad got these for me for Christmas last year. I wear them with regular socks and they get the job done very well. For someone who’s feet are always cold they keep me warm 

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

@fasteddie…..Do you walk far to your spot? If so, bring a second pair of socks, and change the “walking” wet/sweaty ones. I do this as a routine, I even change underwear and t shirt, I have a horrible time with cold feet, it could be 40+ degrees and my feet are cold.
I’ve tried everything and I mean everything, expensive boots, the shit insoles for $100+, the regular heated ones, loosening laces when you sit so your feet aren’t constricted can also help. Just a few of my tricks, but nothing ever helps, it sucks. Good luck and if you find a miracle warm boot, let me know. Oh, and most importantly, have fun and shoot a nice one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Thanks- did you and dad”size up” or order your actual size?

Every pair of hunting boot ive ever owned has been sized up. Gives me an option to double sock or fit a toe warmer in with comfort. I can say they fit perfect with a singe sock but still comfortable if i double up. 

I only once got a cold foot in plain old army surplus Mickey Mouse boots and a single pair of medium weight wool blend socks.  I have worn the same pair for the last 10 years and they have held up very well.
The time I got a cold foot, was in mid December when it was about 20 degrees out, and I took water over the top on my third deep ditch crossing.  
If you pull the laces tight, you can make a couple deep water crossings without taking on too much water.  My wet foot was numb by the time I made it back to the house.
Sportsman’s guide used to sell them for $ 40.  I imagine you could still find them on EBay for comparable inflation-adjusted cost.  
Do you have the white or black ones? I think the white are rated for lower temperatures than the black ones.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just now, Caveman said:

Do you have the white or black ones? I think the white are rated for lower temperatures than the black ones.

I have the blacks which are rated to -14 F.  My father in law has the white “ bunny’s” which are rated to -60 F.  They are too bulky for hunting though, and my feet don’t get cold in the blacks on the coldest days, unless I break thru the ice and fill them with water.

I purchased a Baffin pair this year too. The Hunter model. Not impressed with them for warmth when I'm sitting. They were a bit better with a hand warmer down under my toes. I've tried multiple sock layers, wool ones, thick socks. Plus side, they are comfortable and I can walk quietly to my sits.

I am beginning to think that my feet and hands being cold might be Raynauds Disease . My father had it . Two of my sisters have it and two of my kids have it . Poor blood circulation and blood flow . No matter what boots , foot warmers I have don't seem to help . My feet are even cold in the house and the floor is warm . 

On 11/23/2021 at 12:22 PM, Caveman said:

Toes were warm and toasty in them for 7 hours out there in 29 degrees and 30 mph wind yesterday.  I was out of the wind for the last 3 hours though, behind the 3 ft barn wood wall of my new stand.

ECCDD42B-541D-4837-8A7A-A31EE0698650.jpeg

2382074A-AE48-4034-994E-F7AC6E64912A.jpeg

Edited by wolc123