Fast Eddie's Fables

fasteddie

Hunted my SIL's property with my oldest son this afternoon . The only deer I saw was 3 that we spooked out of the gully . I heard a shot at 3:30 and my son said 7 or 8 deer came down through the fiels and he shot at a buck . He waited a bit and then shot a doe . Another double . We were able to quit early . Next up will be an afternoon hunt with my youngest son . So far we have gotten 3 bucks and 3 doe off that property . Life is Good !

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Hunted my SIL's property with my oldest son this afternoon . The only deer I saw was 3 that we spooked out of the gully . I heard a shot at 3:30 and my son said 7 or 8 deer came down through the fiels and he shot at a buck . He waited a bit and then shot a doe . Another double . We were able to quit early . Next up will be an afternoon hunt with my youngest son . So far we have gotten 3 bucks and 3 doe off that property . Life is Good !

Is your camera broke?

• Haha 1

My youngest son , Nick, and I did an afternoon hunt in Geneseo today . I saw absolutely nothing . Nick saw a fawn around 1:30 . At 4:50 he got down from his stand and saw a doe up the hill . He didn't shoot as it was sky-lined . We packed up and left . The deer were smarter than us as they stayed out of the wind .

Going to meet up with my oldest son tomorrow morning and ride with him to his property in Italy Valley . Going to give it a try at an afternoon hunt . I haven't been to the property in 6 or 8 years . I always feel like a Ridge Runner walking the property . 

Hunting today was a bust but still enjoyable . My oldest son took me to his property in Italy Valley . Matt said it was "my" hunt . We sat in his 10'X12' raised building . It was quite comfortable and had a propane Buddy Heater . Sat there for 5 hours and no deer cooperated .

• Like 2

Sat in a Hub Blind at my oldest son's property in Honeoye Falls . Didn't see a thing . Looks like my Buck Tag is going to waste . Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are going to celebrate . Then Sunday we will be celebrating with some of our kids . The Buck tag expires Sunday .  I used my "either / or" tag on the buck that I shot during bow season . I still have doe tags to use during the ML season . 

Sat in a Hub Blind at my oldest son's property in Honeoye Falls . Didn't see a thing . Looks like my Buck Tag is going to waste . Tomorrow is my wife's birthday and we are going to celebrate . Then Sunday we will be celebrating with some of our kids . The Buck tag expires Sunday .  I used my "either / or" tag on the buck that I shot during bow season . I still have doe tags to use during the ML season . 
Eddie if i am not mistaken that regular season Buck tag gets a second life in the late season. Beleive it becomes an either sex tag.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I spent another afternoon in the cold . Sat in my blind in Honeoye Falls for 3 hours and saw zilch . Heard a shot around 4:45 in the wooded area just south of my son'd property . The guy behind him doesn't have a wide lot but it's deep . The guy has an elevated structure that is about 15 yards off my son's property line . The deer have to pass through his property to get to my son's land . I have had good luck there until the guy put up his structure . I might give Walworth a try tomorrow afternoon . 

• 2 weeks later...

I had planned on giving Geneseo one last try this season but my knee has acted up again . I have a torn meniscus in my right knee that I didn't have repaired as it would have cancelled out my hunting season . I wanted to get a deer with the ML but it can wait until next year . It's wet and muddy so it would be smart to skip going out tomorrow . I an certainly not desperate for any more venison . 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I had planned on giving Geneseo one last try this season but my knee has acted up again . I have a torn meniscus in my right knee that I didn't have repaired as it would have cancelled out my hunting season . I wanted to get a deer with the ML but it can wait until next year . It's wet and muddy so it would be smart to skip going out tomorrow . I an certainly not desperate for any more venison . 

I have to say, I envy your determination Eddie.  You go at it pretty damn hard each year until the last dog is hung, health permitting.  Get that knee repaired by the sawbones and get back at it next fall, 100% full speed ahead!

Happy New Year

• Like 1