Happy Thanksgiving HuntingNY

Water Rat

We are having my side of the family over this year (about 18 people total), and my wife is serving (2) 20 pound turkeys.  I convinced her to stuff one of them with a button buck roast.  That is the part I am looking forward to the most, and I hope it comes out good and rare.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Edited by wolc123

Can you name them ? Enjoy tomorrow !46140C97-752C-4DAD-A07E-559F0BD29A57.thumb.png.1d3d562119efa40159c958fa73f55cfa.png

Honeymooners…a tremendous New Years Day tradition of nursing hangovers and watching the marathon!

Thankful to this group for some great advice and class-act ball busting. Thanks too to the mods for keeping us up and going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to this HuntingNY family!!IHoping tomorrow is the day to knock one down!!!I'll 2nd what @crappyice said.i joined 5 years ago not knowing what to expect and have learned ALOT by others experiences,have ignored alot and have realized what a good family of people we have here.Now let's keep this shit going and have a happy holiday!!!!:taunt:

• Like 2

I don’t think I have ever looked forward to a turkey dinner more than today’s. Normally, I can’t stand turkey, especially the white meat, which tastes like cardboard to me.  It is one step below chicken.  I also won’t have to put up with any foreign or extra hoppy beer, having only the three standard Genny flavors in the fridge (light, red eyes, and cream ale).

My wife says she will add the turkey giblets (hearts, livers, and gizzards) inside the second turkey, along with the button buck roast.  

She usually throws the giblets out.  My mother in law (who usually has made our Thanksgiving dinner), always dices them up and adds them to the stuffing.

She says it adds flavor.  Only her and I willingly eat the little “pieces of guts”.  Others, on that side of the family, spend time sorting through their cooked stuffing, removing them.  My brother in law goes to great length, making a pile of “those little erasers”, which he gives to me.  

Hopefully, she will still have some of her leftover turkey giblet stuffing, when we finally make it up there next weekend.   She always gets extra turkey livers to add to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wolc123 said:

I don’t think I have ever looked forward to a turkey dinner more than today’s. Normally, I can’t stand turkey, especially the white meat, which tastes like cardboard to me.  It is one step below chicken.  I also won’t have to put up with any foreign or extra hoppy beer, having only the three standard Genny flavors in the fridge (light, red eyes, and cream ale).

My wife says she will add the turkey giblets (hearts, livers, and gizzards) inside the second turkey, along with the button buck roast.  

She usually throws the giblets out.  My mother in law (who usually has made our Thanksgiving dinner), always dices them up and adds them to the stuffing.

She says it adds flavor.  Only her and I willingly eat the little “pieces of guts”.  Others, on that side of the family, spend time sorting through their cooked stuffing, removing them.  My brother in law goes to great length, making a pile of “those little erasers”, which he gives to me.  

Hopefully, she will still have some of her leftover turkey giblet stuffing, when we finally make it up there next weekend.   She always gets extra turkey livers to add to it.

If your turkey taste like cardboard it is because of the cook. :-)

• Like 1