What gun

Chef

32 minutes ago, Chef said:

If you could buy any gun what would it be… not for hunting but just to have.

I would either buy a M1d wwii sniper rifle or a custom built 338 lapua

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d buy a NULA rifle……oh wait, never mind.  Lol

I’ve lost interest in acquiring any news firearms of late.   Could be age, work schedule or f&$(king covid I guess.  

If I had to come up with something from D’arcy Echols shop would suffice.   I read recently that he designed an action that is all the nuts.   

30 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I’d buy a NULA rifle……oh wait, never mind.  Lol

I’ve lost interest in acquiring any news firearms of late.   Could be age, work schedule or f&$(king covid I guess.  

If I had to come up with something from D’arcy Echols shop would suffice.   I read recently that he designed an action that is all the nuts.   

A NULA in anything but a short mag right? LOL

I wouldn’t think you were all ‘controlled round feed’ gun guy like Echols action? Gonna be Hartmann & Weiss type money too. If you got to ask, you ain’t on the list. I’d guess solid into 5 figures for just action in the white.

A Corbett inspired Rigby stalking rifle in 275 Rigby would fit you to a tee, enough horsepower for anything in North America, no recoil, fun to handle, slim and trim, H&W action as good as they come. And Rigby is Blaser owned, you know it will drive tacks. :rofl:

If I was down that path I’d like a Stuart Satterlee ti action, maybe in 404Jeff or 458 Lott with a proper stock so I could shoot with just a reflex red dot type site on the front bridge. Backup folding rear leaf and ivory front bead.

A Roger Kehr engraved, James Anderson built rifle would be a wonder to own if dreaming big.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Chef said:

Wait what that’s insane

In addition, semi-automatic handguns are considered assault weapons if they have any one of the following features:

• A manufactured weight over 50 ounces unloaded
  • A folding or adjustable stock
  • A thumbhole stock
  • A foregrip or second pistol grip
  • A magazine that attaches outside of the pistol grip
  • A barrel shroud, or
  • A threaded barrel

Gotta love that safe act ..

Edited by rob-c

In addition, semi-automatic handguns are considered assault weapons if they have any one of the following features:

• A manufactured weight over 50 ounces unloaded
  • A folding or adjustable stock
  • A thumbhole stock
  • A foregrip or second pistol grip
  • A magazine that attaches outside of the pistol grip
  • A barrel shroud, or
  • A threaded barrel
Gotta love that safe act ..

The rest I knew the weight I did not

My choice would be something that would not be just looked at and drooled over, it would be something I would use and shoot a lot.

If I were to pick a rifle I think it would be a Cooper model 57 Western Classic in 22 LR and mount a Leupold compact 3x9 AO scope on it. I would shoot the Hell out of it both on targets and small game.

Still I have always wanted a high classed side by side Double shotgun, A Winchester model 21 Grand American in 20 ga with two sets of barrels would fill the bill. I can hear the oohhs and ahhhs when pulled from it's case at the sporting clays field and at the gamebird shooting preserve.

Nice to dream LOL!

Al

2021-11-28_195117.png

2021-11-28_195617.png

• Like 2

My choice would be something that would not be just looked at and drooled over, it would be something I would use and shoot a lot.
If I were to pick a rifle I think it would be a Cooper model 57 Western Classic in 22 LR and mount a Leupold compact 3x9 AO scope on it. I would shoot the Hell out of it both on targets and small game.
Still I have always wanted a high classed side by side Double shotgun, A Winchester model 21 Grand American in 20 ga with two sets of barrels would fill the bill. I can hear the oohhs and ahhhs when pulled from it's case at the sporting clays field and at the gamebird shooting preserve.
Nice to dream LOL!
Al
2021-11-28_195117.png.e64f459930dc5e933a9abe1faf42c5b9.png
2021-11-28_195617.thumb.png.5b76f3d47865d6be4df6fd2bc4458518.png

I’m with you about shooting the guns we own.

I only have one gun I haven’t fired and I planned on it till the day it showed up.

It’s my 3rd m1 and it’s a Winchester service grade from the CMP. Beautiful rifle that was last serviced at letterkenny arsenal and looks to be untouched since the day it left there.

Other than that all my “show piece” guns still get shot just with some care