How to do tag if crossbow success?

hueyjazz

2 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

So I can go to any authorized license distributor and ask for and pay another muzzleloader tag?  I notice when I go online it won't allow me to purchase an additional one.

What tags did you start with?

I always buy archery,muzzleloader along with regular season liscence.

This will give you an antlerless tag and either sex tag that can be used in Archery or muzzleloader seasons.

Also your regular season buck tag and any Dmp tags you apply for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ncountry said:

What tags did you start with?

I always buy archery,muzzleloader along with regular season liscence.

This will give you an antlerless tag and either sex tag that can be used in Archery or muzzleloader seasons.

Also your regular season buck tag and any Dmp tags you apply for.

This^^^.was typing when it came through haha

• Like 1

The tag you used during early archery season was good for an antlerless or an antlered deer (I assume you bought an archery license).  You can buy a muzzleloader license and get another tag to use with your crossbow, but you will only be able to use that for antlerless deer, during late muzzleloader season.

Most of NY is 2 bucks max with one needing to be taken during gun season while the other needs to be taken in early or late archery/crossbow/ml seasons.

So I took one buck during crossbow and tagged it with my muzzleloader tag.  The during regular gun I took another buck and tag that with regular tag.

I did not purchase an archery tag but am able to.  Do I now purchase an archery tag to hunt muzzleloader but I can only take a doe?  Sorry if I'm being dense.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hueyjazz said:

So I took one buck during crossbow and tagged it with my muzzleloader tag.  The during regular gun I took another buck and tag that with regular tag.

I did not purchase an archery tag but am able to.  Do I now purchase an archery tag to hunt muzzleloader but I can only take a doe?  Sorry if I'm being dense.  

Yes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hueyjazz said:

I got what you were asking but was typing as you posted what I just quoted.

Yes. If you get the additional BOW/ML tag it will be for antler less only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hueyjazz said:

So, I had success during crossbow.  Is it possible to get another tag if I want to hunt the muzzleloader season?  If so, how?

All tags are valid during late seasonnand your regular buck tag becomes either sex..  you can also buy a archery tag if you have course and that will give you an antlerless only tag

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

Yes it will be antlerlless only as second bow/muzzleloader tag. 

• Like 1