Tree issue, input?

So noticed this a few weeks ago and finally took pictures. I have this on a tree in the front yard. Also 2-3 trees on neighbors showing the same. There are little holes and the outer bark off. The trees it is on all seem to be the same species.

819719109267f472a97b058e17cdcd30.jpg

b555d774be87270a865e3f9a48ff1daa.jpg

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks liked the diseased ash in my area.

I cut ~30 out of my yard last year. The previous owner cut over 200 of them out of the yard before I moved in. (I know because all he left me with was 200+ ash stumps to grind!) I left ~30 other ash in my yard hoping they would make it, but they are all losing bark and only had a few leaves on this past summer. I plan to cut them all this winter.

Unfortunately I will admit I do not know what type of tree. It is big lol. I just looked up pics of ash and emerald ash borer and there are some very similar pics. And the bark looks identical.

Well that’s not good!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Unfortunately I will admit I do not know what type of tree. It is big lol. I just looked up pics of ash and emerald ash borer and there are some very similar pics. And the bark looks identical.

Well that’s not good!

Its hands down ash!!

• Like 1

I have about half a dozen 50-60’ cherry trees to take down along with a 60’+ pine and this 80’ ash and a couple smaller ashes. Might as well take 6-10 more mixed off side of garage too.

Or just put the house on the market lol.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I have about half a dozen 50-60’ cherry trees to take down along with a 60’+ pine and this 80’ ash and a couple smaller ashes. Might as well take 6-10 more mixed off side of garage too.

Or just put the house on the market lol.

That's how I feel with my 8 pines,huge maple and oak that drops acorns all over the driveway and cars!n that's not including the others I want to cut down but not as much of a nuisance 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fletch said:

So noticed this a few weeks ago and finally took pictures. I have this on a tree in the front yard. Also 2-3 trees on neighbors showing the same. There are little holes and the outer bark off. The trees it is on all seem to be the same species.

Same issue here in 8H. A little background for reference:

There is also a treatment for it that I have no experience with but may be worth a shot if you one doesn't want to lose a tree: