Looks like we may have broken up a good friendship

Steuben Jerry

I was going through trail cam pics looking for pics of the bucks that were taken here since the rifle opener. I came across this one from August of my and my daughter’s buck hanging around together. Well, they still were hanging around together this week too, but it was in our garage.

Nice that they each had an identifying characteristic. Cool pic to re-discover!

I pulled a couple cards on the way out from getting her buck, and found a sequence of 10 pics of the buck I shot, less then 24 hrs from when I harvested him. He was following a group of does that were in front of the cam seconds before. I like his stature in this pic, he looks “tanky”.

BCF23604-73D3-48AF-8C8D-B44B3C5E1396.jpeg

10D73906-D610-4E0A-AFDD-644926FA58F6.jpeg

040994D4-319E-419E-8846-6650BF0434FA.jpeg

51F2101A-2450-4E67-B403-236C48A999D1.jpeg

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 18

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agree. Jerry's buck matches the november backyard pic but not the July one. Totally different G2's and G3's

Same buck. Has the stunted left brow tine. No other bucks on cam has that like that. I don’t think his tines were done growing.

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

Same buck. Has the stunted left brow tine. No other bucks on cam has that like that. I don’t think his tines were done growing.

I don’t think so. The shape of the rack isn’t the same even if he grew all those extra inches. I think just a similar weak brow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I don’t think so. The shape of the rack isn’t the same even if he grew all those extra inches. I think just a similar weak brow

I’ve got about 1000 pics I saved this year, and a half dozen cards still to pull that were soaking since early October. I’ll look and see if I can other pics with a stunted left brow tine.

• Like 2

I do have this one that has the stunted tine and the  G2’s and 3s look shorter in this pose. That nub seems to be a match though. Maybe this deer is the same as the velvet pic and the nub is just an odd coincidence?
09E3420A-EDEE-4149-B23A-0F74029456D0.thumb.jpeg.24aa3688d584d6246ff2b8295cee0ab6.jpeg

Agree! They have more crab claw like fronts whereas the buck killed goes straight up G2 and G3’s

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Agree! They have more crab claw like fronts whereas the buck killed goes straight up G2 and G3’s

I see what you’re saying now. I got up way too early this morning for no reason so I looked at tcam photos taken since July. I have several photos since then of this shorter tined buck with the left nub. I was thinking same buck, but it looks like the one I killed just showed up here the week before the rifle opener.

Maybe I’ll see “nubby” during muzzleloader season and I can get a shot at my buck’s nub-brother.

950CCB50-3AC9-4C66-912F-7D4A6DB3760F.jpeg

2AA1F9C1-83E4-42F9-86BE-98133A5276C5.jpeg

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1