Just got permission to hunt a 50 acre pc .. to late to put up ground blind ?

luberhill

I just asked my friend Murphy Law, he thinks Jan 9th the deer will feel comfortable again. 

Seriously, that's awesome news. Why not use the blind to your advantage? Put it up somewhere on the property, and hunt elsewhere. Maybe you push them to your spot, and with the extra season, you might still have a good opportunity from the blind.

I'm am experimenting and Making a move and setting one up this weekend. It will be tucked off a gas line moast likely above where they are traveling from cover/bedding to feed. Going to monitor the area with a cell cam and make a move on these deer later in the season. My 7 year old who hunts with me religiously came up with the idea and I want reward his thinking by trying to capitalize on it for him. With deer in the freezer I figure we have alot more to gain from this experiment than to lose.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I'm am experimenting and Making a move and setting one up this weekend. It will be tucked off a gas line moast likely above where they are traveling from cover/bedding to feed. Going to monitor the area with a cell cam and make a move on these deer later in the season. My 7 year old who hunts with me religiously came up with the idea and I want reward his thinking by trying to capitalize on it for him. With deer in the freezer I figure we have alot more to gain from this experiment than to lose.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Keep us posted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Good cover or in front of an evergreen works  better than a blind. I have done this multiple times and got lucky.

Post some satellite pics and I can help you pic a spot.

Curious as to your outcome

Edited by luberhill

9 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Where will you be entering the property from?

I would start on the west side where the creek is and see if you can find a low spot where the deer are crossing from.

That side is a very steep bank and I’d have to come in on private property 

1 minute ago, suburbanfarmer said:

If you plan to do an evening hunt, try the north end of property first; if the farm still has anything left in the fields or harvested?

No that north side field ( top of the screen) is new seeded hay field , basically mud right now

South side field is uncut corn , the field I’m in is weeds/uncut hay / goldenrod 

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

No that north side field ( top of the screen) is new seeded hay field , basically mud right now

South side field is uncut corn , the field I’m in is weeds/uncut hay / goldenrod 

In that case the south west side  just north of the finger of the field is what i would start with.

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

I’d like one more buck or doe , not fussy,promised a friend one for the last two years ,,, 

Hope I can come thru this year

If the property hasnt been hunted, dont be surprised if you bump deer just walking in.

Edited by suburbanfarmer