Wyoming County Holiday Hunt

WNYTRPR

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

When will we know about Erie? 

I may have answered a portion of my question..........

If the proposed regulation is adopted, Southern Zone counties that choose to prohibit hunters from participating in the holiday deer hunt in their county must annually adopt a local law specifying exclusion from the Dec. 26 to Jan. 1 portion of the late bow and muzzleloader season. For this year, counties that pass such a local law will need to send a copy of their adopted law to DEC before Dec. 25. In future years, counties that withdraw must send a copy of their adopted law to DEC by May 1 of each year to allow publication in DEC’s annual hunting and trapping regulations booklet. 

• Like 2

I know snowmobiling is a very popular winter sport in Erie County but don't know about Livingston and Ontario?

I don't believe either of the later two get near the amount of snow Erie (or Wyoming) get so maybe they will allow the late season hunt........

Edited by Lawdwaz

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I know snowmobiling is a very popular ting in Erie County but don't know about Livingston and Ontario?

I don't believe either of the later two get near the amount of snow Erie (or Wyoming) get so maybe they will allow the late season hunt........

I’d be surprised the trails are even open yet .Looking like low 40’s going into the middle of the month .

I know snowmobiling is a very popular winter sport in Erie County but don't know about Livingston and Ontario?
I was talking with the head of trails for the Eden snowmobile club. He said they are not opening their trails until 1/2/21....they don't want to upset land owners......and there is little to no chance the trails will be rideable by then anyway.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

So, let me see if I understand this. That extra early September deer season was OK, but the extra late season isn't wanted by some counties? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me.

I get it, the snow machine riders want safety, but this is only a frikin week man.

Edited by DirtTime

9 hours ago, DirtTime said:

So, let me see if I understand this. That extra early September deer season was OK, but the extra late season isn't wanted by some counties? I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me.

I get it, the snow machine riders want safety, but this is only a frikin week man.

Counties were given the choice from the start for the extended hunt

If I am not mistaken part what what snowmobilers pay for the trails

Edited by Paula

Lots of people bitch about how we need be giving local governments more control vs state and federal government..until that is they don’t like their decisions.

Personally I feel that both the decision by the county is an error and furthermore allowing local jurisdictions to make wildlife management decisions is an error as well. The DEC should establish the seasons period, even though I feel they do a piss poor job in NY it’s still the responsibility of the department and not local politicians

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Lots of people bitch about how we need be giving local governments more control vs state and federal government..until that is they don’t like their decisions.

Personally I feel that both the decision by the county is an error and furthermore allowing local jurisdictions to make wildlife management decisions is an error as well. The DEC should establish the seasons period, even though I feel they do a piss poor job in NY it’s still the responsibility of the department and not local politicians

You ever notice their “science “goes out the door when it comes to Wildlife management?

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, DirtTime said:

I don’t believe it’s the snowmobile riders worried for their safety, it’s that the trails they maintain, bridges they build and ride on are across many different landowners property and the landowners I believe have a deal with the clubs that the trails are NOT open until big game season closes.  Adding more time to this isn’t going to make the clubs happy understandably.  

It’s a difficult situation.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paula said:

Counties were given the choice from the start for the extended hunt

If I am not mistaken part what what snowmobilers pay for the trails

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

I don’t believe it’s the snowmobile riders worried for their safety, it’s that the trails they maintain, bridges they build and ride on are across many different landowners property and the landowners I believe have a deal with the clubs that the trails are NOT open until big game season closes.  Adding more time to this isn’t going to make the clubs happy understandably.  

It’s a difficult situation.  

I guess this makes sense, sort of. It's just always confused me with some of the trails. I know in the ADK's there are designated trails that run through public land and the riders get a little irritated of they see you  hunting those trails, even tough they are open to everyone. I suppose I can see the point more on paying to ride private trails.

I'm looking forward to the later season, and hoping the counties I'll be hunting don't block it. After a week or so of all that Christmas crap, it will be nice to go hunting for something bigger then a squirrel.

16 hours ago, DirtTime said:

They dont want safety, they want their trails opened

• Like 1

Like this late season..Or Early is even needed. Those that complain they have no deer will still not have any deer and those with deer should have their tags filled. If not they should find another hobby. Ny has always been famous for having the most F’ed up season laws from the amount of time givin to Xbow laws.