Madison County NY

WNYTRPR

55 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

The article I read about the decision stated it was due to much more than just snowmobilers. There were many landowners, hikers, cross country skiers and others that voiced their opinion against it. Snowmobilers already get a bad enough rap, they don't need additional bad information spread.

where was the article would like to read it

Wait a minute. Madison County? NY? Prolly one of the top 3 most rural counties in NY? Home of Brookfield, NY and the Wheel Days? Home to prolly the largest redneck and hunting population per capita of any county in NY? That decision is just a big ol crock of steaming excrement. Talk about pandering to the vocal minority. Fearful folks complaining they wont be able to snowshoe or ski or ride because of an army of MZ hunters? What a f'in joke. I m sorry you have to wait 4 extra days to feel "safe" outdoors lol. Al Gore said there won't be any snow at that time anyways. Nauseating but all too common in today's times. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

The article I read about the decision stated it was due to much more than just snowmobilers. There were many landowners, hikers, cross country skiers and others that voiced their opinion against it. Snowmobilers already get a bad enough rap, they don't need additional bad information spread.

It’s not bad info .it’s majority the truth 

• Like 1

It does sound like this was driven more by anti hunters than snowmobilers.  

I am very thankful that the snowmobile clubs in Erie county have rallied in support of the Holiday ML season.  That is very significant,  because I don’t know if there is a county in the state with more registered snowmobiles than Erie county.  

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Snowmobile trails haven't been rideable by then in years.  Last year I was cutting brush on bare ground Dec 27th.  

IMG_20201227_145815055.jpg.ea18bf9cde68e9bb23fc48520d802280.jpg

Rob, canastota is very different than going another 7 miles south in the country. I rode from my house in fenner to phersalia, during this same time last year. 

1 hour ago, Rack Attack said:

Rob, canastota is very different than going another 7 miles south in the country. I rode from my house in fenner to phersalia, during this same time last year. 

True it is higher elevation.  I was just on the Chitt polar bear rider site and they had posted how trails we're still closed due to no snow on 12/23 and here is a pic of trials on Jan 2. So u must've been in the right area.  

Honestly I don't care much by then I am about worn out from hunting.  But doesn't seem like these last few years snowmobile riding that time of year happens too much in southern tier.  

135452159_10160671463449578_3856496460957587224_n.jpg

Holiday Deer Hunt is Happening in All Southern Zone Counties

The Holiday Deer Hunt is an extension of the late bow and muzzleloader season from December 26 - January 1 in the Southern Zone. Earlier this year, after hearing concerns that the Holiday Hunt may interfere with other outdoor pursuits, DEC proposed a regulation that would have allowed counties to pass a local law opting out of the special late season opportunity. During the public comment period, DEC heard from a wide array of stakeholders with deeply held, but conflicting views on this proposal. Because of the diversity of opinions around this issue, further evaluation is needed. The proposed regulation has not been adopted and counties may not opt out this year. The Holiday Hunt will occur in all Southern Zone counties this year as previously authorized.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...