*Evicted*

WNYTRPR

Always trapping beaver for everyone else ,but on the rare occasion I have to go to work right in the yard .

This battle scared beaver decided to make a late appearance,and go quickly to work .It got personal quick .And he was gone as fast as he arrived .I thought about leaving him for a split second ,in that time he got me though .

C1317DF2-F86F-46BE-9D1A-3C8BA7B380FF.jpeg

D2647FC2-5FF7-4B2C-ACB2-3053A72CD7BC.jpeg

6DBFC2DB-BAC7-4275-9524-A62BFF6FC667.png

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

congrats...just tore out 3 dams today on my property (yes I have a permit). Will be looking to elimnate the troublemaker in short order.

I would have waited and got him first ,but I’m sure you needed the water down first and foremost .

14 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I would have waited and got him first ,but I’m sure you needed the water down first and foremost .

i did not need the water down , i just figured it would be easier to get them when they rebuild. last 1 i shot at 4am with my 17hmr and night vision scope as they were rebuilding a torn out dam. now i'm sporting a 223 with a sightmark hd 4-32 digital night vision scope and was hoping to get him with that as they rebuild.

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Are you guys saving the castors ?  I heard that they are worth $ 40 but the hides are only fetching $ 4 this year.  

i don't have a trapping license just a  permit (nuisance) so I can't keep or do anything but bury it I believe, which i am happy to do because digging out their dam by hand sucks!

Edited by Engraver99

If it is the same deal as raccoons, then you don’t need to bury them after the regular trapping season is open.  Vermin and birds will usually make short work of them, if you just toss them out in an open field.  

It doesn’t seem to matter how deep I burry the coons, the coyotes usually dig them up within a few days.  Pre trapping season carcass burning is another legal option that I have yet to try.  With all the fat on a coon, I would think they would burn quite easily and complete.

23 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

If it is the same deal as raccoons, then you don’t need to bury them after the regular trapping season is open.  Vermin and birds will usually make short work of them, if you just toss them out in an open field.  

It doesn’t seem to matter how deep I burry the coons, the coyotes usually dig them up within a few days.  Pre trapping season carcass burning is another legal option that I have yet to try.  With all the fat on a coon, I would think they would burn quite easily and complete.

good to know...hoping they are coming back tonight - cleared a shooting lane to 2 of the damns.