Watching the Baldwin interview

luberhill

Not on a set while following protocol and the director’s direction.
If a stunt coordinator sets up a shot where an actor has to push a guy off a roof but neglected to fully inflate the pad below and the guy hits the ground and dies, is the actor guilty of murder? 
I appreciate what you’re saying about guns and responsibility but they are hyper responsible on sets when it comes to weapons which is why they have such rigid rules.  Screw around on a set with a gun and you’ll have a dozen teamsters tackle you. This was a failure of that system. 
As I've said repeatedly. I know there are multiple variables here and multiple people were in the wrong in order for this to transpire. BUT, only one person pulled that trigger. Had that person been trained and was responsible for a final check before being used, this thread wouldn't exist and someone wouldn't be grieving right now senselessly.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Please don't think I defend Baldwin.  He's proved himself an A-hole many times over, but I do believe he has a lot less responsibility here than many others.

This is a movie set.  They point guns at each other and pull the trigger all the time.  Hollywood has the guns where the clips never run out.  More blood and guts the better.  Actors love guns on sets, it's when they get off the stage then find them evil.

In my experience blanks do look different.  The ones I've seen are a crimped over mouth with no bullet.  However, in a wheel gun you have to stare at the face of each round to verify this.  This would be the job of the armorer.  Who should be loading the gun.  An actor would not be expected to unload and reload a gun.

There are many wheel guns you can fire without pulling trigger.  If hammer gets struck or released before fully cocked they can go off.  Wasn't Baldwin trying to be a cowboy?  Or isn't he just another Barney Fyfe.  

I would think since Brandon Lee died from a blank gun there should be some expectation of firearms safety with actors.

29 minutes ago, hueyjazz said:

Please don't think I defend Baldwin.  He's proved himself an A-hole many times over, but I do believe he has a lot less responsibility here than many others.

This is a movie set.  They point guns at each other and pull the trigger all the time.  Hollywood has the guns where the clips never run out.  More blood and guts the better.  Actors love guns on sets, it's when they get off the stage then find them evil.

In my experience blanks do look different.  The ones I've seen are a crimped over mouth with no bullet.  However, in a wheel gun you have to stare at the face of each round to verify this.  This would be the job of the armorer.  Who should be loading the gun.  An actor would not be expected to unload and reload a gun.

There are many wheel guns you can fire without pulling trigger.  If hammer gets struck or released before fully cocked they can go off.  Wasn't Baldwin trying to be a cowboy?  Or isn't he just another Barney Fyfe.  

I would think since Brandon Lee died from a blank gun there should be some expectation of firearms safety with actors.

Again his lies are burying him ! 

I've learned one thing about gun safety in my years. I never rely on the person handling the firearm within my vicinity to provide my safety. I rely on myself to avoid situations where I'm even around strangers with firearms. I stopped going to my local range for just that reason. Kinda pointless being shot dead and then saying, well that guy should've know how to handle that gun before he killed me. But I feel the same way at the range with guys who are supposedly in the know handling pistols. I stopped hunting with many guys because of the way they carry their rifles

It’s called life, people die. We all take chances every day. Firearms are dangerous, and accidents happen even in the hands of the absolute most trained individuals on earth!

The biggest part of this story is the asshole that did it. The irony is pretty deep in this one. “Left wing idiot shoots 2 with gun he doesn’t think we should be able to have.” He should be hung because I think anytime you take a life that should be your punishment but he’ll probably get nothing or a embarrassingly light punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk