Step daughter just broke the state record..

mowin

She's into weight lifting. Dead lift, squat, and press. It was her first competition was in Utica. 

She dead lifted 457.6lbs. not sure what the old record was for her weight class. 

50279.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 38

2 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

Congrats to her!! 

My Best was a 700lb Half Squat in the Power Rack. I was only 22 at the time. None of us used Belts or Knee Wraps back then. TG,I stayed away from the Steroids.

I train like a MMA Fighter today .

Hope she keeps competing!

Every competitor had to get piss tested the morning of the competition.  No enhancement.

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Congrats ! That’s impressive, heck of a grip to pull that . Hard to tell from the pic, looks like a hook grip ? Which I always found painful as hell .

No clue what grip she uses.  Full disclosure. She and I do NOT get along. I've tried since she was 12 when I came into her and her mom's life. 

I'm so proud of who she has become, and have told her multiple times. She doesn't have to same feelings towards me.  Her loss. I'm fine with how she feels, her mom isn't. 

2 minutes ago, mowin said:

No clue what grip she uses.  Full disclosure. She and I do NOT get along. I've tried since she was 12 when I came into her and her mom's life. 

I'm so proud of who she has become, and have told her multiple times. She doesn't have to same feelings towards me.  Her loss. I'm fine with how she feels, her mom isn't. 

Girls can be that way

19 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Great Job! That's alot of weight even for the guys

She beat a lot of the guys lifts. From what her mom said who was at the meet, another gal was bragging about busting the state record.  She failed by 25lbs. Wouldn't congratulate my stepbrat.

Edited by mowin

10 hours ago, Meatball said:

Holy smokes that's impressive!!! How old is she?

Hopefully in the coming years she learns to appreciate your support.

She's 25.  Working on her master's degree in hospital administration. Working full time and owns her own home. Smart kid.  

3 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

She does have the physique to be a good deadlifter. Good arm length and great shoulder slope. Sometimes that works against you in the bench, but sometimes not. How does she do in the bench and squat. Or was this only a deadlift competition?

She did all three lifts. Not sure what weight she managed on the other two. 

• Like 1