hunting dogs

17 hours ago, sukuna said:

we brought our dog to the vet last week and they told us that he has a ruptured ligament and needs to undergo a surgery, we got a second opinion here in rochester  who specializes in tplo surgery and they also said the same. :( what to do?

You have trained vets that are saying your dog needs surgery, right? I’m no veterinarian, I don’t play one on tv, and I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I would have followed the vet’s guidance post haste. Hope your dog is not in bad pain, and he has an easy recovery!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

You have trained vets that are saying your dog needs surgery, right? I’m no veterinarian, I don’t play one on tv, and I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I would have followed the vet’s guidance post haste. Hope your dog is not in bad pain, and he has an easy recovery!

Hmmm not always . Our lab one time all the sudden had a hard time walking, I think she was about 5 yrs old. She didn’t wanna get up. Being a Sunday we took her to urgent care. They said she had a ligament or something in her rear leg and needed surgery, it was gonna be around $5,000. They gave her some meds to take. 2 days later she was back to normal. 5 yrs later she is absolutely fine. 
Just like media outlets you cant always take faith your getting honest accurate info these days. 
Maybe thats the dilemma they are having.  

15 minutes ago, Zag said:

Hmmm not always . Our lab one time all the sudden had a hard time walking, I think she was about 5 yrs old. She didn’t wanna get up. Being a Sunday we took her to urgent care. They said she had a ligament or something in her rear leg and needed surgery, it was gonna be around $5,000. They gave her some meds to take. 2 days later she was back to normal. 5 yrs later she is absolutely fine. 
Just like media outlets you cant always take faith your getting honest accurate info these days. 
Maybe thats the dilemma they are having.  

Good point. I’d probably still go with two different vet recommendations over a newly joined hunting forum. For all he or she knows we could be an international cabal of dog haters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1