Get rid of it

Who else thinks this section brings nothing to the forum. I’m starting to think the Gun and hunting laws belong but the politics and vaccine and all that other crap need to go.

Frankly on all sides it has been reduced to childishness. On top of which members who truly used to contribute to the forum now live in that muck.

There are also a subset of people rattler aka grouse… storm aka shoots 100 and others who just live in there and pretty much don’t contribute at all.

Wouldn’t this be a better use of Mods time instead of banning for a few insults or getting rid of jerkman for posting a gif of someone laughing.

@WNYBuckHunter

You wanna make the forum great again…. Drain this swamp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

And ban crossbow talk as well

No…. Crossbows have to do with hunting… this is just crap… so many members seem to care about how the public views us which a chuckle thread and then come here and act like children.

• Haha 1

I disagree, i enjoy reading the stuff posted and the different perspectives. This place is dead unless it is deer season and the political forum makes it worth checking out in the off season. It isn't the political section that needs to removed. Its the name calling of the people you disagree with. If you don't like the section, don't read it. Pretty simple. Why do we have too cancel everything?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nothing is gained from the political tirades. Nobody is changing anybody else's mind,it is just a place where you can loose respect for other forum members.

I am on the saddlehunter forum as well and no politics are tolerated. I am sure there a plenty of users I would fully disagree with when it comes to politics but I don't know their position so there is more respect. 

Nothing would be lost if this section goes away. 

• Like 3

The board owner decides the board's format and content, my advice is if you do not like this section the solution is pretty darn simple, stay the hell out of it and your aggravation is solved.

As for me I like it, the best part it exposes libtards and Democrats no friends of mine.

Al

• Like 8

The political section serves to remind us there are people who want to tell everyone else how to live.  It matters not if it be issues of hunting or general life.   This desire to shut down the flow of information isn't confined to this hunting forum.  It's happening in every information forum in the country right now.

This request to eliminate the political forum has come up before, and it follows the request, which was approved, to mark the political forum so it wouldn't show up in the general posts section.  You now have to consciously go to it to see it.  Yet that is no longer enough for some folks. 

When will people learn, if you give up a little to those that want to control how to live, you will not satisfy them.  They will keep coming back for more until they get what they want.  That's what totalitarians do.  It seems the people who want the political section shut down are also the ones who disagree with most of the points made in that section.  It's an attempt to control the flow of information.  It's the first thing leftists do when trying to manipulate public opinion.

Don't think they confine themselves to politics either.  Look at any of the hunting threads that get into any legal or ethical issue.  You will see the same controlling demands coming from the same totalitarian people.  If they don't like the way you hunt, where you hunt, or what you hunt with, they will demand you not be allowed to.

There is no satisfying these people and they will never stop trying.  Keep trying to placate them and you will soon find you have lost control of everything you used to enjoy.

Politics is now involved in everything we do in America.  It's not possible to ignore it anymore.  And that's because some people have been successful in making everything political, while preventing people from discussing how that shouldn't have happened.

Nobody is forced to read or post anything in this political forum.  Stay out of it and it ceases to exist for you.  It's that simple.

• Like 6

The board owner decides the board's format and content, my advice is if you do not like this section the solution is pretty darn simple, stay the hell out of it and your aggravation is solved.
As for me I like it, the best part it exposes libtards and Democrats no friends of mine.
Al

So sad at your age not to be able to understand it’s ok for people to have different viewpoints from your own and to have such a distain for them very immature

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

So sad at your age not to be able to understand it’s ok for people to have different viewpoints from your own and to have such a distain for them very immature

Don't you see the irony of this statement?  You want other viewpoints eliminated from the site.

• Like 4

Don't you see the irony of this statement?  You want other viewpoints eliminated from the site.

That’s not what I said I said that we got rid of the today’s chuckle because it gives us a bad name well what goes on in this section does too. It makes us look like a bunch of childish idiots and frankly this stuff has no place on a hunting website

22 minutes ago, Chef said:

That’s not what I said I said that we got rid of the today’s chuckle because it gives us a bad name well what goes on in this section does too. It makes us look like a bunch of childish idiots and frankly this stuff has no place on a hunting website

The chuckle thread was removed because it was becoming perverted.  The site wants to keep it family friendly.

The political forum doesn't make us look bad.  The people who post childish, idiotic and hostile replies make themselves look bad.

If the political posts are kept civil, they do nothing to detract from hunting.  It's the intolerance and rude name calling replies that make the forum less than it should be.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Chef said:

Contributed by the one that writes members that don't agree with your way of thinking are stupid, ignorant, childish, etc.

Contributed by the one that writes members that don't agree with your way of thinking are stupid, ignorant, childish, etc.

Incorrect…. I said people who don’t understand basic facts are stupid not my way of thinking… science is not a opinion

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Yes, I couldnt agree more- and next time you post in the Vaxx thread and resort to insults and name calling like you often do, I will copy and paste the quote from your own post here!!

• Like 5

I will gladly scroll past the politics section, but folks don't keep the politics in that section.  It would be much simpler if it was not on the site at all.  It benefits nobody (except those that enjoy the back and forth and the many here that love the sound of their own ideas echoing back at them).  If I thought the back and forth was changing anyone's mind it might be different.  Mostly what I see is a baffling inability to see that there are multiple sides to complicated issues.  I'm willing to admit I don't know it all and that I could be wrong.  The experts on here are sometimes beyond belief.  SMH.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chef said:

Incorrect…. I said people who don’t understand basic facts are stupid not my way of thinking… science is not a opinion

What you seem to not comprehend is the fact that each person interprets the "science", news media stories etc. in their own way.

You have your interpretation(s) and others have theirs. Otherwise known as opinions. If one's interpretation of the "science" or news story is not the same as yours they are open to be called whatever you see fit.

• Like 1