Get rid of it

There is nobody more judgmental and prejudice than a leftist indoctrinated liberal.  If you post anything they don't agree with, they label you a racist, homophobe, bigot.  They don't have the ability to see the truth in a lot of things and don't understand the message.  They just fear being ostracized by their herd and continuously virtue signal to remain accepted by the people they are subservient to.

BTW, the photos I post don't always stay up because I just copy and paste them from other sources.  I find it too troublesome to save them to my files and then paste them on this site.  If you see them when I put them up, you see them.  If not, they may drop off.  I really don't care.  But I can assure you, none of them are of a bigoted or racist nature.  Some people just love to be offended.

Why do some people think it's important to inform the masses?  This is why.

Adams.jpg

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 5

Yes, we need the Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum on the HuntingNY site. 

The Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum is the place for those who not only care about legislation that effects firearm ownership and hunting, but the events that affect our very lives.  It also assembles some great minds to help educate those who are willing and able to gain knowledge and advance their intellect. 

For those who believe that HuntingNY should only allow the discussion of hunting related issues, then explain why are food, sports, beer and other “non-hunting” related topics discussed?  Is anyone rightfully offended by these “non-hunting” related topics?  

It is sad that there are some that visit the Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum who are unable or unwilling to have a civil discussion without resorting to making inappropriate remarks.  I have witnessed numerous inappropriate remarks published by some commenter’s even repeatedly.  That type of juvenile behavior of attempting to provoke someone with inappropriate remarks into an argument is so counterproductive and dangerous.  One can only wonder how they behave once away from a computer monitor.  Sadly those who resort to this behavior are apparently suffering from some degree of emotional disturbance, mental illness and/or intellectual deficiency that they become so irate in expressing themselves.   

In conclusion, for those who are offended by the Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum, why even visit this forum?  Maybe HuntingNY can set up an option to block viewing the Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum to help those offended by this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, ADK Native said:

Yes, we need the Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum on the HuntingNY site. 

The Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum is the place for those who not only care about legislation that effects firearm ownership and hunting, but the events that affect our very lives.  It also assembles some great minds to help educate those who are willing and able to gain knowledge and advance their intellect. 

For those who believe that HuntingNY should only allow the discussion of hunting related issues, then explain why are food, sports, beer and other “non-hunting” related topics discussed?  Is anyone rightfully offended by these “non-hunting” related topics?  

It is sad that there are some that visit the Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum who are unable or unwilling to have a civil discussion without resorting to making inappropriate remarks.  I have witnessed numerous inappropriate remarks published by some commenter’s even repeatedly.  That type of juvenile behavior of attempting to provoke someone with inappropriate remarks into an argument is so counterproductive and dangerous.  One can only wonder how they behave once away from a computer monitor.  Sadly those who resort to this behavior are apparently suffering from some degree of emotional disturbance, mental illness and/or intellectual deficiency that they become so irate in expressing themselves.   

In conclusion, for those who are offended by the Guns and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum, why even visit this forum?  Maybe HuntingNY can set up an option to block viewing the Hunting Laws and Politics Discussion forum to help those offended by this forum.

The issue has been that people tend to not post the political threads in the actual politics section, and arguements among the same 7 guys dominate the forum.  Then you open this site and all you see is this "behavior" you mentioned above in the top threads and current threads. So anyone new sees this mess looking for huntign content i am sure says - no thanks.  How many car, snowmobile, fishing, hiking forums alllow this to happen........ none.  

And also the food, sports and other non - hunting topics dont all turn to garbage like the political ones do EVERY single time.  The same few guys who dont post anything much about hunting or otherwise, and just live in these political threads, are not what i would think this site is about.  

I am glad it is staying in the political section better now for a while it was really out of hand.  But it wouldnt break my heart if the political section was bagged for sure.  Or at the very least make it a DEC, firearm regulation discussion and bag the political issues.  Lots of sites for that that are not a "Hunting" forum. Those threads just turn nasty every single time and the same 7 guys just argue back and forth - who needs it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2021 at 5:55 AM, Grouse said:

There is nobody more judgmental and prejudice than a leftist indoctrinated liberal.  If you post anything they don't agree with, they label you a racist, homophobe, bigot.  They don't have the ability to see the truth in a lot of things and don't understand the message.  They just fear being ostracized by their herd and continuously virtue signal to remain accepted by the people they are subservient to.

BTW, the photos I post don't always stay up because I just copy and paste them from other sources.  I find it too troublesome to save them to my files and then paste them on this site.  If you see them when I put them up, you see them.  If not, they may drop off.  I really don't care.  But I can assure you, none of them are of a bigoted or racist nature.  Some people just love to be offended.

Adams.jpg

if you want to "inform the masses" maybe you should spend more time doing that in locations where people may need your information and need a change of mind (in your opinion) .  Than a hunting site that is dominated already by the same demographic.  You dont effect change in an echo chamber on a hunting site.  You say "herd" yet your yelling inside your own herd......on a site that isnt meant to be political.  Makes 0 sense to try and change the mind of the 5 people here you argue with over and over again.  Maybe donate some time to a political cause instead. Hell maybe even go hunting sometime. 

• Like 3

On 12/7/2021 at 10:06 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

Personally, I’d like it to go back to HUNTING and FISHING related discussions in this section. Most of the crap in this section turns into a headache. I hate Patrolling it, I dont Want to read the crap that gets posted, but I kind of have to. It’s annoying and makes it so I dont even care to participate, as I read crap in here, it gets my blood boiling and I log off. 

Its not my site though, so it’s not my call. 

X1000

I read it here and there and then bail cause its such a *&@@show.  Thanks for getting it back in the political section where it belongs.  Well it belongs in a deep hole but at least where it can be mostly ignored. 

So why don't you and all of the people who simply hate the section, stop coming to it?  Why are a handful of people constantly attacking those who post in it?

Eliminating this forum will not stop political issues from appearing on this site.  Look at it this way, this forum gives the site a place for it to be.  Take that away and it will become part of all the other forums on the site, as you said prior.  The solution will become worse than the illness.

I don't know why people think they can ignore the politics that are affecting every aspect of their lives right now.  They're just allowing everything to burn down around them and will be wondering what happened when it's over.

I happen to be very politically active in all areas of my life.  I willingly take on all comers, not to change their minds, but to allow the others on the sidelines viewing the debate to see both sides of the debate and think for themselves.  Those are the folks I'm talking to.

Hunting has been great this year and my freezer is full.  I live at deer camp 2/7/365 and just walk out my door to hunt on my own land.  I know how precious this lifestyle is and want to preserve it for anyone that wishes to do it.  I cannot stand by while people in government constantly attack it from all angles.  If what I say has no impact on your thinking, that's a shame, but it isn't my shame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Adams.thumb.jpg.c7232bdc16c8ecbc4ba2348206a86907.jpg

I thought we hated the vocal minority? I know I typically do lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Grouse doesn’t just hate vocal minorities.

I'd love to see the data to support this claim.

I have no hate for anyone, not even leftists.  I pity them, as I would a man holding a gun to his own head, threatening to blow his own head off, if others don't do what he wants.  It saddens me no amount of sincere intervention may ever help them.

2 hours ago, airedale said:

If the politics section of this board aggravates you Rob stay the Hell out of it, your and anyone else's aggravations will be gone.

Al

lol.  Good advice for sure!  But if you read what i wrote - the meaning was the political section is more of detriment to this site than a perk.  But maybe this HUNTING site will be better once they add a religion section for everyone to argue about too. Or at least the same 7 people.  and i was commenting on a thread about this very subject. 

But sound advice from the porch for sure.  Will do ! 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

its just the term "Ban"  .  Not looking to "ban" the political section just get rid of it and make the site better as an upgrade - that word is used to make it as political as possible. But like it was said i dont own the site.  Just a suggestion.  And again how many other "hobby" sites have that mess or allow it?  But the NY Political and some hunting Forum will just roll on. And people that might want to join and look at it will continue to pass by.  Its all good carry on folks.  

and getting rid of a cancer isnt a "Ban".  Its getting rid of something that is detrimental and was never needed to begin with.   

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

So why don't you and all of the people who simply hate the section, stop coming to it?  Why are a handful of people constantly attacking those who post in it?

Eliminating this forum will not stop political issues from appearing on this site.  Look at it this way, this forum gives the site a place for it to be.  Take that away and it will become part of all the other forums on the site, as you said prior.  The solution will become worse than the illness.

I don't know why people think they can ignore the politics that are affecting every aspect of their lives right now.  They're just allowing everything to burn down around them and will be wondering what happened when it's over.

I happen to be very politically active in all areas of my life.  I willingly take on all comers, not to change their minds, but to allow the others on the sidelines viewing the debate to see both sides of the debate and think for themselves.  Those are the folks I'm talking to.

Hunting has been great this year and my freezer is full.  I live at deer camp 2/7/365 and just walk out my door to hunt on my own land.  I know how precious this lifestyle is and want to preserve it for anyone that wishes to do it.  I cannot stand by while people in government constantly attack it from all angles.  If what I say has no impact on your thinking, that's a shame, but it isn't my shame.

Seriously? Have you read what you typed? Or do you ever? You constantly tell people what they should think and feel. You try to mask it, but anyone with a little reading comprehension can see it. If they don't do things just so and how the far right deems things to be, they are wrong. Funny thing is, that's exactly how the left does things too, and you seem to dislike being told what to do or think. Freedom of the mind should be just that, left to let people make a choice and not be slammed for it.

So, you come to a hunting forum to talk about politics and not brag about hunting? It's a hunting forum where people talk about hunting, it's not bragging when you are here to discuss hunting. You just stated that you enjoy arguing with people-

Removing the political area will probably help this place more then hurt it. Long time members might come back who were here for the hunting talk, not the political mud slide that this forum has turned into. There are a million places to talk about politics, and "debate" them, so there's no need for it here. There's a lot of forums that keep to the topic of what they are about and they do just fine without the politics.

On another note, removing the political section isn't a breach of the damn constitutional rights, it's not trying to "silence" anyone, it's keeping the goal of the forum on point. If people can't respect the rules and continue to post political topics if that section is removed then it just shows a lack of respect for the other members here and the staff.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

I'm heading out the back door again now.  I hunt all the time, I just don't brag about it.  You would too if you lived here.  I love this country.

KeithWV.png

awesome place - and we would love to hear about your hunts on the hunting site!  And it doesnt have to be considered "bragging".  I dont look at anyones posts about their hunts as bragging.  I mean i post about hunting and have been bragging like crazy about that 90 pound doe i shot and 45 hunts for the season lol, but yeah we all love hunting stories on the hunting site.  Its crazy how that works out.  

Glad you had a good season. 

I'm heading out the back door again now.  I hunt all the time, I just don't brag about it.  You would too if you lived here.  I love this country.

KeithWV.png.b7d90174fb3b720b6c2caa7a9bd2f020.png

Wait you live in West Virginia why are you even on this NY huntinh forum except to stir the pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I will; say it one more time it is the board owner who decides the format and content, the politics section has been here ever since I joined along with about 30 other sub forums most of which I do not read at all. If you do not like politics stay out of the politics forum it is that easy. What I am seeing here is typical woke cancel culture horseshit, I don't like the message  so it has to go. 

Al

I will; say it one more time it is the board owner who decides the format and content, the politics section has been here ever since I joined along with about 30 other sub forums most of which I do not read at all. If you do not like politics stay out of the politics forum it is that easy. What I am seeing here is typical woke cancel culture horseshit, I don't like the message  so it has to go. 
Al

But canceling the chuckle as ok? Half of the content in this sub is demented.. the chuckle was R rated at worst and in movie terms would have been PG13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chef said:

But canceling the chuckle as ok? Half of the content in this sub is demented.. the chuckle was R rated at worst and in movie terms would have been PG13

Don't have a clue about chuckles as I take my own advice and stay out of places I am not interested in.

Al