New Glass?

Lawdwaz

23 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

This is so true. A lot of science and research has gone into this. Your eye cant pick up the so called extra light a 50mm can bring in. However a wider fire of view is a nice feature. 

Same with stereo equipment , some produce sound in ranges the human ear can’t hear, but they can say it has more range then the competition.

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind  man .

• 2 weeks later...

Are you CRAZY?  56mm obj and Pygmy’s heart would go kaputz.   :)

I ended up with the Tract Toric 2-10x42, mounted it last week and got a chance to dial it in Thursday.  I only shot at 100 yards as I didn’t have a ton of time.   My last 3 shots (after getting it “on”) went into less than 1/2”, two almost in the same hole.  

I’ll spend more time with it this winter.  It is a nice piece of glass for sure and I’m sad to say, I like it more than my 2.5-8 Leupold as of now.  

F3A0F5D8-3607-4D7B-B95D-5A424F28F554.jpeg

3A1CDEE8-C5B8-4862-8B32-85A0AA1EAAED.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Are you CRAZY?  56mm obj and Pygmy’s heart would go kaputz.   :)

I’ll spend more time with it this winter.  It is a nice piece of glass for sure and I’m sad to say, I like it more than my 2.5-8 Leupold as of now.  

I’ve shot the crap out of a couple 2.5-8 Leupolds, from 223rem to 458Lott. Hell for stout glass and a great balance of cost, performance, and size. One is always packed on trips as a back up for emergency use. But low light they are just eh.

Be interesting to see what you think side by side with this new scope and the Leupold at dawn/dusk. I have a Swaro Z3 2.5-10x42 with 4a reticle and its a step up in low light performance, but I have not shot it enough yet to see how it does in other areas.

56mm…..bigger is to impress the ladies; right up Dan’s alley.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Are you CRAZY?  56mm obj and Pygmy’s heart would go kaputz.  
I ended up with the Tract Toric 2-10x42, mounted it last week and got a chance to dial it in Thursday.  I only shot at 100 yards as I didn’t have a ton of time.   My last 3 shots (after getting it “on”) went into less than 1/2”, two almost in the same hole.  

F3A0F5D8-3607-4D7B-B95D-5A424F28F554.thumb.jpeg.fe892bfac11c8b6edf6cd56769c3332f.jpeg
3A1CDEE8-C5B8-4862-8B32-85A0AA1EAAED.thumb.jpeg.fe417a6c621c396cf9f85df44e04ebe1.jpeg

So about that 2.5-8 with no home…:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

He needs to keep it to remind him of back when tiny objectives were still cool.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

They're NOT  ??!!.....

Damn...I'm gonna curl up on the couch in a fetal position with my Leupold M8 4x33 mm......

15 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

They're NOT  ??!!.....

Damn...I'm gonna curl up on the couch in a fetal position with my Leupold M8 4x33 mm......

Handy Andy can keep those big ass transmission funnel objective scopes.   You keep slummin’ those 33mm deals and stackin’ game…..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stubborn1VT said:

A big azz scope keeps you from taking game?  Good to know.  So much knowledge shared from the "experienced" guys on this site. ^_^

Keep on plugging away.   At some point you’ll figure humor (or an attempt at) in life.   Too bad…..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Are you CRAZY?  56mm obj and Pygmy’s heart would go kaputz.  
I ended up with the Tract Toric 2-10x42 

Hopefully you will be able to give a thorough review later in the winter after you've had more time with it. I've been following those Tracts for about 3 years now never knew anyone that actually had one so interested to hear how you end up liking it

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

2 hours ago, The Jerkman said:
2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:
Keep on plugging away.   At some point you’ll figure humor (or an attempt at) in life.   Too bad…..

I found his humor to be spot on... unlike your shot requiring a new scope emoji848.png

Don't pay too much attention to Lawd.  He's just GRUMPY sounding sometimes.  I'd be willing to bet that he and I actually agree on most hunting related stuff.  I just think it's funny how we all pick certain points to defend and look down on.

Of course it would be fine for me to shoot a button buck with a .243 topped with a 3-9 x 50 during a deer drive while wearing blaze orange mask and Evercalm on the soles of my boots.  

As a side note: I have hunted 30ish years with a Browning A bolt synthetic stalker in 7mm Rem Mag.  It has always had a bigg azz scope on it.  I have started calling it my "crossgun".  It shoots cross the field, cross the powerline, cross the hardwoods, cross the mountain...

One of these days I'll either reach the comedic genius of Lawdwaz - or I'll be just as grumpy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Larry!!!