Ice Fishing

GreeneHunter

Looking to get out this weekend to ice fish with some buddies.  We are novices.  I been doing my best research on ice conditions.   Are any of you near schroon or fourth lake? And would you know the ice conditions. I think they should be more than adequate this weekend. Or if anyone knows ice conditions for the catskill region that would be helpful as well.  Thanks. 

1 minute ago, diplomat019 said:

Looking to get out this weekend to ice fish with some buddies.  We are novices.  I been doing my best research on ice conditions.   Are any of you near schroon or fourth lake? And would you know the ice conditions. I think they should be more than adequate this weekend. Or if anyone knows ice conditions for the catskill region that would be helpful as well.  Thanks. 

I completely forget which site I found this on but here ya go ...

Following was from another site.
Partridge Run 3-5"
Mariaville 4-6"
Thompson 2-5"
Lawson ?
Vlie pond 3-5"
Colby 6-8”
Eaton 6-8”
Indian Lake ,south end 3-5” still spotty
Durrant 8”+
Minerva 6-8”
Schroon Lake 3-4” Ice is spotty, please be careful
Blue mountain Lake 5-6”
Rock lake 7”
Palmer pond 4-6”
Lake Desolation 8”+
Carters Pond 6-8”
Summit Lake 5-7”
Cossayuna Lake 3-4”
Raquette Lake 5-7”
Brant Lake 5-7”
Eagle Lake, small side 8-10”, Big side 3-5”
Lake Pleasant 6-8”
Paradox Lake, Small Lake 8”+
Paradox Lake, Big Lake 3-5”
South Bay 5-6”
Lake Champlain,Ticonderoga 3-4”
Harris Lake 6-8”
East Caroga 5-7”
Green Lake 5-7”
Piseco Lake 3-4” Ice can be spotty
Ballston Lake 3” Ice can be spotty
Lincoln Pond 3-4” Ice can be spotty
Saratoga Lake- 2” of ice on South End, stay off
Lake George Bring a Boat, but getting closer. Some skim ice in they bays

• Like 2

As long as somebody has a spud, your good. If nobody has a spud, stay home. Even on peak season ice, I use the spud

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I got on the ice this morning for a couple hours. It was a rough one getting out and set up. I don't mind the cold usually, but when it is down below zero, it doesn't take long for the cold to get to your hands. Luckily, everything went smooth with the shanty and equipment, and I was set up with my heater going about 10 minutes after I left my car. The fish cooperated for about an hour, and then became lookers.

• Like 1

Much nicer weather, and the fishing was better this afternoon. Must be with the storm coming, the fish were on the feed. Crappies were so aggressive that my spring bobber was lifting up instead of going down. Pretty much, if you could get a perch or crappie to come off the bottom, they would bite.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, diplomat019 said:

Saratoga Lake

0C24F14E-D3CE-4168-A67A-C5DEC663DBC3.jpeg

South side of lake here. I always did well to the left of this pic, on the weed edge near Stoney Point, in eight to ten feet of water. Also, out to China Town, on the edge where it drops to twenty feet for eyes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grampy said:

South side of lake here. I always did well to the left of this pic, on the weed edge near Stoney Point, in eight to ten feet of water. Also, out to China Town, on the edge where it drops to twenty feet for eyes. 

Got a late start cause of the weather.  The one area we looked to park was snowed in. So i drove back to the marina to park. I had mapped out some ledges that I wanted to hit but since we parked on the south side i wasn’t prepared to hike across the lake to hit the spots I wanted to. Great day nonetheless.  From what I saw nobody was having any luck yesterday.   

• Like 1