Ice Fishing

GreeneHunter

Fished sodus bay today. Tough bite managed a dozen or so perch over 10 inches . A ton of dinks .  Nothing huge on the ice but something did snap me off on my pan fish rod . Only 3lbs line . Never seen it . Never took a picture today and I just finished fileting. Chowder on Friday. 

• Like 4

SENY guys got a little something going local for a “local” pond Sunday am if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won’t be there, so if Diplo shows up I kindly ask you treat him with the same respect you would if I was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, crappyice said:

SENY guys got a little something going local for a “local” pond Sunday am if interested

Nice!!  I appreciate the offer but I already got set plans to hit a local jaunt as well Sunday.  Going forward I’m definitely down.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Sodus and Honeoye have been stingy to me this year. The fish are there, just not cooperating when I'm able to fish. I did manage to freeze my ATV solid last week running through the slush at Honeoye, so that was fun...got one walleye in return. Mmmmm....fish tacos. Sodus is typical dinksville, with a dozen or so 10" plus fish doing the run-and-gun thing. And now another snowstorm is here. It's a good think work is killing me or I'd be complaining about the weather lol.

• Like 1

I don’t know what that means. Not safe?

Possibly. Depends how long it stayed warm and how windy. Just the rain alone won't do much but if it just sits there and is warm it turns it into small pellet ice so cloudy instead of nice strong black ice. So basically 4 inches of candle is equivalent maybe to 2 inches tops if decent black ice

Possibly. Depends how long it stayed warm and how windy. Just the rain alone won't do much but if it just sits there and is warm it turns it into small pellet ice so cloudy instead of nice strong black ice. So basically 4 inches of candle is equivalent maybe to 2 inches tops if decent black ice

Seems like we are good… it rained but already frozen and never got windy or all that warm

4 hours ago, DirtTime said:

Are there any good fish in that place? Fished it for an entire Summer a few years ago and only caught bait.

Years ago I caught 5 Rainbow Trout during the summer ( Years ago ) and haven't really fished it a lot the past few years , its just local for me and I still have some live bait to get rid of so tomorrow we'll give it another shot . I'll be going to Saratoga Lake on the 19th for the tournament and see how that goes !

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Good eaters right there. No luck with perch? My favorite fish sunny and blue gills.

This lake has some crappie and perch. I generally target the gills here though cause their so plentiful and clean. Not to mention perfect eating size. I only had two small ones I returned to the water.

• Like 1