Ice Fishing

GreeneHunter

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

No, a fish fry on Saturday I think it’s 10 or 15$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a few up here on smaller lakes by hour and meal provided plus it's at a bar so they have other food if you don't like entry meal. But that's reasonable perch I've seen over $10 a lb it's crazy people are buying it. Normally$5-$7lb. Inflation lol.

We have a few up here on smaller lakes by hour and meal provided plus it's at a bar so they have other food if you don't like entry meal. But that's reasonable perch I've seen over $10 a lb it's crazy people are buying it. Normally$5-$7lb. Inflation lol.

I fish 8-10 a year and always look at the entry fee as a donation to the cause. Never been to one that included a meal other than a little baggie of snacks. That would be nice but I’m sure the entry fee is higher.

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

8c254c0e6fda2d46ad71d154b7cf0e0d.jpg

This is about the biggest Crappie I’ve ever seen…great day yesterday on a small 3S lake…24 oz of fillets put away for a fish fry!

Nice! Way to go!

The ones I catch only have one's strapped to em!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Ice Fishing Derby on Hinckley Lake. Saturday February 19th from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. $1000 in Cash Prizes. Mostly Perch (Adult and Kids divisions) plus Crappy, trout, and Pickeral. Adults $25 and Kids $10. For more info, call Dennis at 315/794-4259. Event is on NYS Free Fishing Weekend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Anybody fishing Honeoye Lake? Used to be great for pickerel when I was a kid

Fished the south end 2 years ago . Got into some big gills  . Couldn't keep the bass off the tip ups . Late evening we did pretty good on crappies.  Not a pickerel to be seen . A few dink  perch . Was pretty slushy moving wasn't much of an option. 

Thinking about keuka on Sunday. 

49 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Fished the south end 2 years ago . Got into some big gills  . Couldn't keep the bass off the tip ups . Late evening we did pretty good on crappies.  Not a pickerel to be seen . A few dink  perch . Was pretty slushy moving wasn't much of an option. 

Thinking about keuka on Sunday. 

I threw bass back for 2 years ice fishing Honeoye before I realized you could keep them.