Ice Fishing

GreeneHunter

You jigging or tip ups or both? How is the size of Lakers you typically see up there?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Jigging, todays biggest was 29” didn’t weight it because it was so cold and I wanted to get it back in the water but I would guess 8-9lbs. Average is probably around 25-26 about 5lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yea, brutal conditions but the bite has been on fire. I’ll be back at them in the morning.

I'll find out where he went in from . He said the Lakers have been on fire too. 

Bring on spring! I'd rather be in a boat than on ice any day.

Same…. I said the other day I’ll be done with ice if the Hudson can be above 50 degrees by April 1

Not sure if any forum members are fishing the DU tournament at Saratoga Lake- lot at Browns was about 2/3 full at 8:30.

My little guy has a ball game today so I can’t fish but my wife and I bought tix and will be at Browns after the ball game if anyone stops in for a cold one at the drawings etc.

Good luck and stay warm.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 4:39 PM, chrisw said:

Bring on spring! I'd rather be in a boat than on ice any day.

Spot on.  Just one perch and three smallmouth for me thru the ice this morning. 
A304FB43-6920-4C66-AB01-F157CB164A75.thumb.jpeg.6c6ae3b74c808873766dd168b0a465aa.jpeg235BA932-69E5-4DEE-92BC-364259826AD2.thumb.jpeg.cb8e216030bdb67e154f3060d816dfce.jpegFB479D0B-3779-4D35-8933-D98E87B1158F.thumb.jpeg.1a9d280ee252a01e93071ed921f3e4fa.jpeg
The best thing about fishing on days like this, is that it gives you more appreciation for warm weather, a boat, and open water.  

4 hours ago, Billyb6 said:

Not sure if any forum members are fishing the DU tournament at Saratoga Lake- lot at Browns was about 2/3 full at 8:30.

My little guy has a ball game today so I can’t fish but my wife and I bought tix and will be at Browns after the ball game if anyone stops in for a cold one at the drawings etc.

Good luck and stay warm.

I was there at 5:30 am , My SIL caught a Pickerel early and after it became a White Out  and I was freezing I called it quits ! My SIL is still there and hopefully he does well !

I'm telling you, the ice where I was fishing today was smooth as glass. You definitely needed cleats, and even then, I was taking my time. It hasn't been smooth like this in a few years.

For the first time in many years I put Front chains on the wheeler yesterday. It is impossible to steer without them.

40 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

For the first time in many years I put Front chains on the wheeler yesterday. It is impossible to steer without them.

My daughter was wishing she had brought along her ice skates.  Almost the whole lake was perfect for skating this morning.  

I was out a week or so ago and some guy got on the lake with skates and was doing laps around the whole thing. I thought that was so cool. 

On our last trip chef and I had a guy drive some electric sled on the ice with a kid who couldn’t be more than 4. He Parked the sled and they skated all over even though there was a good bit of snow on the ice

• Like 1