Tacta cam reveal sk solar

sbuff

I see very little need for solar in NY for anything other than high video use. No baiting, no minerals. People are not getting 10-20K images a month here. If you are, you're being dumb on how to use cells.

X and XB IMO.

I have lithium AA in Gen 1 and X since April. The gap in price between the XB and SK is such that I can run lithium for about 4-5 years, year-round in pic mode in the XB and finally break even with the initial SK cost. For the X, I can run lithium for 7-8 years.

One replacement battery pack for the SK is going to put the cost of service for that cam much higher over a 5 year outlay.

Sometimes simple is better.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Perfect phade thanks, will you be getting the non solar in stock anytime soon?

I have one or two X in Verizon and ATT. I sold my last XB last week however, I will likely place an XB order tomorrow. I am told they are in stock as of this week. 

6 hours ago, phade said:

I have one or two X in Verizon and ATT. I sold my last XB last week however, I will likely place an XB order tomorrow. I am told they are in stock as of this week. 

Does the rechargeable battery pack (without solar panel) last the same amount of time as 12 AA batteries before needing to be recharged? Does  it also fit in the reveal X cams? 

13 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Does the rechargeable battery pack (without solar panel) last the same amount of time as 12 AA batteries before needing to be recharged? Does  it also fit in the reveal X cams? 

I want to say longer than the 12AA unless you use lithium ultra than about the say. And no the trays are different .

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I want to say longer than the 12AA unless you use lithium ultra than about the say. And no the trays are different .

No the lithium AAs will fully outlast the pack by itself and so will alkaline. The pack is small because it is charged by the solar daily.

Edited by phade
  • Thanks 1