New SUV - Any hybrid experiences?

phade

I think you are nuts to rule out Chevy.  I have been running this 20 equinox over two years without a lick of trouble.  My folks have about 5 years on theirs, also with no problems.  My fwd gets 32 mpg around town, and their awd might get a hair less.

That’s my 00 Chevy Silverado 4x4 in the background.  It has also been a great truck.  I gave it to my father in law, for snow plowing.  I only get to use it now, when I go hunting up at their Adirondack retirement home. It beats the hell out of an atv, for getting downwind of deer on the logging roads.

I also used it to haul my early ML doe to the butcher up there this year.  I can’t imagine a Ford, or foreign job lasting 21 years, doing the kind of work that thing has. The a/c in it even works good still (it was about 80 degrees on the day I hauled the doe to the butcher where they had a big walk in cooler).  

C30DE893-25D7-44C1-89A1-2BC492B8A2C4.jpeg

• Haha 1

Wife has a Prius awd hybrid, gets over 50 mpg. Daughter has Rav4 hybrid getting mid 30s, with a lead foot. Both happy. The prius awd has an extra rear motor for the awd that disengages at 30 mph. Does very well in snow. 

Bought both when gas was cheaper knowing that it would not last. Glad now, and probably at least the next 3+ years. Hard to beat a Toyota until others catch up with the tech.

Son has a deposit since first orders on a Cybertruck. Will see if Musk ever produces it and stands by the price. 

• Like 1

Got lucky through a mutual connection with the owner of a Toyota dealer a few hours drive from here. I happened to help the owner's best friend out with a replacement rifle for a kid that lost it in a family house fire two weeks. I mentioned it to him that I was looking for a Rav4 Prime and within five minutes the owner of the dealership called and I had a deal done for MSRP and the rebate. Owner had one loaded XSE coming in this week from the port of NY and hooked me up - he could have easily sold it for $5K markup over MSRP seeing as how you can't even find them on lots right now and waiting lists are months out. 

Wife test drove a few Lexus but she wants the Prime. I am not good at hold secrets against her, lol.

• Like 3

I think you are nuts to rule out Chevy.  I have been running this 20 equinox over two years without a lick of trouble.  My folks have about 5 years on theirs, also with no problems.  My fwd gets 32 mpg around town, and their awd might get a hair less.

That’s my 00 Chevy Silverado 4x4 in the background.  It has also been a great truck.  I gave it to my father in law, for snow plowing.  I only get to use it now, when I go hunting up at their Adirondack retirement home. It beats the hell out of an atv, for getting downwind of deer on the logging roads.
I also used it to haul my early ML doe to the butcher up there this year.  I can’t imagine a Ford, or foreign job lasting 21 years, doing the kind of work that thing has. The a/c in it even works good still (it was about 80 degrees on the day I hauled the doe to the butcher where they had a big walk in cooler).  
C30DE893-25D7-44C1-89A1-2BC492B8A2C4.thumb.jpeg.35f8cc7d619837581da39a36bf0ac43a.jpeg
Wolc...how many miles on that 2020 equinox?? If you havent hit 70,000(which I assume you havent) your good to go for a bit.
Most Chevys now a days fall apart at the seams around 70,000. Window motors fail, windshield wiper motor fails, bearings go....the list is endless.......and Chevy dealers just laugh their ass off. It's a shame they produce such a garbage product.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I had 260,000 on my 02 2500hd before I sold it . Nothing but brakes, 2 door handles, 2 power window regulators. 

Door handles probably would not have broken if I'd have taken time to chip the ice off around the doors.lol. 

I only owned it for the last hard 100,000 miles though.;)

• 2 weeks later...

No idea why one image is upside down. But ended up buying her a Prime. Did a favor for an acquaintance and it ended up being good karma unknowingly. These are hard to find not sold before arrival to dealers. Acquaintance’s best friend owns a Toyota dealership up in Watertown. Within five minutes last week I had a deal done for MSRP for a loaded Prime that was due in on the 22. Was very fortunate. 

Wife was very happy. It’s pretty darn fast. 300+ HP and somewhere around 460 ft lbs of torque. It’s been charged three times now and gets 40-42 miles on a charge before the hybrid kicks in. $7,500 tax credit too for this upcoming season.

4D6741BE-F4C3-46E1-9C37-5983447C8F52.jpeg

40548F48-CCD9-4291-85FE-ADBBCC7AA229.jpeg

Edited by phade