Doubles

WNYTRPR

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

That’s very impressive!  Where will you be selling your fur this year?  Thanks!

Dino ,like last year  ,all to the tannery .I’m a bit backed up in tanned furs right now but I’d rather that ,than giving them away for nothing .I’ll take the hit ,but I’ll still own them .

Edited by WNYTRPR
  • Like 2

That’s what I’ll be doing again this year.  I’ll sell my beavers (fleshed and frozen), castor, rats, and my low-quality (stinky) coyotes at the skinning demo in a couple weeks.  I cannot believe how many red fox I have been catching!  I only have 3-6 sets behind my house …in less than two weeks I have caught 11…and when I say behind my house, they are all about 100 yards from my house.  I skin all my fur with the claws on (except coon and rats).  I typically get my furs tanned at Moyles…where do you like to get your furs tanned?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

That’s what I’ll be doing again this year.  I’ll sell my beavers (fleshed and frozen), castor, rats, and my low-quality (stinky) coyotes at the skinning demo in a couple weeks.  I cannot believe how many red fox I have been catching!  I only have 3-6 sets behind my house …in less than two weeks I have caught 11…and when I say behind my house, they are all about 100 yards from my house.  I skin all my fur with the claws on (except coon and rats).  I typically get my furs tanned at Moyles…where do you like to get your furs tanned?

Amazing the amount of reds out there and how they continue to filter in .I tested this last year on one spot on how many I could get .I topped out at 24 reds at one 4acre spot that I trap .No doubt you can probably reach that at home if you went til February.Of course that spot is a great funnel .

All claws and feet here also .I have rarely set for coon in the last few years but still pick some up in fox sets .No desire for them LOL .All mine went to tubaris.

Thanks!  I haven’t targeted coon in a while during trapping season…no lie, I caught over 30 coon this summer next to my chicken coop.  Some nuisance trapper(s) release them on the lot next to my house all the time…very frustrating!  (Saw them on multiple times and have gotten DEC involved but never found the guy(s).  All my nuisance coon get buried.
I’m assuming you are happy with Tubaris?  If you have tried Moyles, etc. why, if you don’t mind me asking, do you prefer Tubaris?  I would try somewhere different …not that i have ever had problem with Moyles (although I’m not too excited about the long wait time).

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 4:54 PM, dinorocks said:

Thanks!  I haven’t targeted coon in a while during trapping season…no lie, I caught over 30 coon this summer next to my chicken coop.  Some nuisance trapper(s) release them on the lot next to my house all the time…very frustrating!  (Saw them on multiple times and have gotten DEC involved but never found the guy(s).  All my nuisance coon get buried.
I’m assuming you are happy with Tubaris?  If you have tried Moyles, etc. why, if you don’t mind me asking, do you prefer Tubaris?  I would try somewhere different …not that i have ever had problem with Moyles (although I’m not too excited about the long wait time).

Sorry Dino ,just seen this .Moyles is great too .I send them to tubaris  because prices were a bit better .And I figured shipping was cheaper .Looks like prices all around went up again though .Would be nice to have a fur market back .
Both tannerys tan for commercial fur company’s ,so quality is there for both .I do love moyles tan .

I hate raccoon and anything to do with them right now lol .I’d rather do triple the work for beaver ,and lose 5 dollars more .

• Like 1