Cerakote

sbuff

I bought a Ruger American Predator with Cerakote finish. It came that way. I topped it off with Leupold scope in Cerakote finish from Elk Country Arms and Ammo. I don't think Leupold sells any with that finish, I think Elk Country sends them out to a licensee. I have had the package for a year, no problems so far.

I think it is generally regarded as a very durable finish.   If you search for elite bows and cerakote, you will see that they had a major problem with chipping of the finish from their cams a few years ago but I believe the issue was the process  used for coating by elite more so than the coating itself.  

Some years ago I picked up a used Savage 24 combo gun and had the barrels done by Gander Mountain when they were in business, I am very pleased with the results. It looks good and I feel protection from weather is far better than traditional blue. So far it has been holding up very well.

Al

model 24.jpg

• Like 1