New Bow Hunter - Advice Welcomed

heavuser

13 minutes ago, Chef said:

Ok that is completely less catastrophic than a actual bow falling apart. I’m shocked it didn’t move while they sighted you in at the shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

String Stop/Stabilizer, whisker biscuit, and the Cable Rob/Slide would all be considered accessories right?

It was fine at the shop and fine out in the field for a few hours. 

String Stop/Stabilizer, whisker biscuit, and the Cable Rob/Slide would all be considered accessories right?
It was fine at the shop and fine out in the field for a few hours. 

No WB yes cable slide no string stop no.

That’s really messed up actually… I would call
The manufacturer as well

Today my bow basically fell apart on me :/
Shot about 100 or so arrows when they started to fly to the right. Adjusted my sight, didn't help. When I went to nock an arrow I noticed the fletching touching the bow strings. The string guard and whisker biscuit were basically about to fall off the bow..... 
Shop guy told me I'm either the luckiest guy in the world or the unluckiest, lol. 
Question for ya'll, after this I don't feel confident in this bow at all. Could there be something wrong with it or do you think once its put back together its good to use?

How did you adjust your site? You’re a newbie - Maybe that’s where the problem began.
FA is on point and highly & doubt they would allow you to leave the shop with bow about to fall apart. They have a 20 & 30 yd range downstairs. You had no issues there? Something doesn’t sound right.

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

Please find out where Dave went!!!
Hahha
Good luck!

Landscaping was what I was told.

1 hour ago, UWShunter said:

How did you adjust your site? You’re a newbie - Maybe that’s where the problem began.
FA is on point and highly & doubt they would allow you to leave the shop with bow about to fall apart. They have a 20 & 30 yd range downstairs. You had no issues there? Something doesn’t sound right.

I adjusted using the little screw that holds the pin. No logical way that could have affected anything. The vibrations from shooting the bow over and over caused the issue. I also had them replace the biscuit with a drop away.

They were super helpful, they retightened every screw with blue loctite. The bow is shooting even better than before. Since this is the second time something has come lose on the bow I asked him what the next steps would be if it happened a third time, warranty send in was the answer. 

20211218_125529.jpg

I adjusted using the little screw that holds the pin. No logical way that could have affected anything. The vibrations from shooting the bow over and over caused the issue. I also had them replace the biscuit with a drop away.
They were super helpful, they retightened every screw with blue loctite. The bow is shooting even better than before. Since this is the second time something has come lose on the bow I asked him what the next steps would be if it happened a third time, warranty send in was the answer. 

20211218_125529.thumb.jpg.04f531b258173cf01d4541f33ee49489.jpg

Who helped you? The kid with the long hair?

FA is better than extreme but they both are just eh

Nick helped me this time around, not sure who setup the bow originally. 

The string stop and string guard are both on from factory I believe, logic would say things were lose straight from the factory right? 

Nick is the best & knows his Sh^t!
I hope everything works out. Extreme Archery extremely sucks.

That’s crazy man, and I am sorry that it came from a place I (and Biz and chef) recommended. I will say however that I hoped for you to see Dave who you said left the shop. Now I need to find a new shop or track him down again!!! Sounds like human error to me on the part of the guy who put your bow together

this is exactly why is recommended learning to do the work yourself. Lots of these shops just have some kid slapping shit on the bows. It's not difficult to learn, just need the room for a press. Me, I personally plan on using the academy for my next tune-up

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

this is exactly why is recommended learning to do the work yourself. Lots of these shops just have some kid slapping shit on the bows. It's not difficult to learn, just need the room for a press. Me, I personally plan on using the academy for my next tune-up

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Wow......I like the sounds of this cross state trek!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, heavuser said:

Landscaping was what I was told.

20211218_125529.jpg

I’m sorry but applying blue loctite is not the answer . First if you ever need to remove said bolts  it will most likely result in a striped out bolt. The single biggest question is why does the  bow produce so much vibration? I am not trying to be a smart ass here , and I truly hope you have no more problems and enjoy your journey into archery . But having to apply loctite to all the bolts on a bow is a bandaid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rob-c said:

I’m sorry but applying blue loctite is not the answer . First if you ever need to remove said bolts  it will most likely result in a striped out bolt. The single biggest question is why does the  bow produce so much vibration? I am not trying to be a smart ass here , and I truly hope you have no more problems and enjoy your journey into archery . But having to apply loctite to all the bolts on a bow is a bandaid. 

Is it logical to think that the parts that wiggled loose just weren't screwed on properly? No one piece has wiggled loose more than once. The Loctite may just have been more a peace of mind thing than a necessity.

Thoughts?

I wish I was crossing the state. I am waiting for a member to cross to SENY then bring back completed project later upon their next return.

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

So you are hoping that TC has a few business trips planned? Maybe I’ll be nice and meet him at the Delaware and bring your bow

Is it logical to think that the parts that wiggled loose just weren't screwed on properly? No one piece has wiggled loose more than once. The Loctite may just have been more a peace of mind thing than a necessity.
Thoughts?

Thoughts are now those bolts are trash if you ever need to remove

2 minutes ago, heavuser said:

Thoughts?

Well you’re certainly not wrong they very well could have been loose from the factory . But you’ll now never know if they were left loose or if it’s vibration  by them applying the blue loctite , which is a huge no no . If you take the bow back to have work done and they have to remove any of the loctite bolts 95% chance they strip out the bolt.  Just FYI if one needs to apply loctite to a small bolt that will need to be possible removed later Purple loctite is what one wants . Best of luck and by looking at your target photos your shooting pretty well already  . Just remind the shop when you take your bow in for any work that they applied the loctite . 

• Thanks 1

What do you work at FA? But yes extreme sucks

Nope.
FA has good people working there. They’ve helped me over the years with my bow & getting tree stands. I’m pretty loyal to people/places who treat me right and value my business.
Extreme didn’t, so they can kiss me arse.

• Like 1

Nope.
FA has good people working there. They’ve helped me over the years with my bow & getting tree stands. I’m pretty loyal to people/places who treat me right and value my business.
Extreme didn’t, so they can kiss me arse.

Haha extrem sucks. I did not love the service I got at FA either. I purchased a bow from them, after having it for a few months it was having tuning issues. I brought it in, they charged me for a tune

Haha extrem sucks. I did love the service I got at FA either. I purchased a bow from them, after having it for a few months it was having tuning issues. I brought it in, they charged me for a tune

Yeah, the owner is an Extreme a%% hole. They should change the name.
Anyway, felt bad for guys who worked there.
I can only speak as to how FA treated me as a customer, which was positive.
Too many businesses fail to realize the importance of customer relations. Extreme A## is dumb. I’m loyal & I got cash too. Their loss.

Yeah, the owner is an Extreme a%% hole. They should change the name.
Anyway, felt bad for guys who worked there.
I can only speak as to how FA treated me as a customer, which was positive.
Too many businesses fail to realize the importance of customer relations. Extreme A## is dumb. I’m loyal & I got cash too. Their loss.

I meant to say I did not love the service… who charges to re tune a bow after 2 months