Cast Iron Skillet Recommendations?

Lawdwaz

7 hours ago, Fletch said:

I have a couple Lodge ones. Got them new and ground them a bit smoother before seasoning. Love them. I am not sure how but my wife f’d up one of them I’m still trying to clean up and reseason. She is banned using them now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife too, she made a cream sauce in it one night and I almost cried.  But it did clean up. Told her to stick to the LeCrueset from now on....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fletch said:

I have a couple Lodge ones. Got them new and ground them a bit smoother before seasoning. Love them. I am not sure how but my wife f’d up one of them I’m still trying to clean up and reseason. She is banned using them now lol.

my wife has soaked mine a couple times and found it a healthy reason for us to part ways....

not actually the reasons but parting became official today

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

my wife has soaked mine a couple times and found it a healthy reason for us to part ways....

Ugh. Never great to hear but times change. Most times for the better.

Not to trivialize your situation but who kept the pan?:rofl:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I dump some kosher salt in pan when still warm and use a couple paper towels to clean. No re seasoning needed

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I do the same then rinse it out with the hottest water I can muster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hopefully chemical-free, otherwise you're rubbing gods know what chemicals into them

Well congrats! I hope there are many younger women in your future

• Like 1

I dump some kosher salt in pan when still warm and use a couple paper towels to clean. No re seasoning needed

I will give that a try.
And sorry to hear. Life can sure kick you in the nuts at times but in the end things work out I truly believe. If there is anything I can do just PM me. We all brothers and sisters here.

• Like 1

I have purchased a few old lodges over the years from garage sales 5 to $7 bucks a piece. And I have the 12" deep dutch oven with legs for my outdoor cooking. They all perform great. The Kent Rollins cowboy cooking videos are great too!! Worth a view when your looking for something tasty to cook.  "Can't get full on fancy"

Easy to overthink this. There are alot of good ones out there, we have and use daily both Lodge and Griswold. I do prefere the ground flat bottom for cleaning, and they are a bit more no stick. Be sure to get one with a cast iron lid at the same time. Check out flea markets/ antique shops. there are plenty out there.