Cast Iron Skillet Recommendations?

Lawdwaz

20 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

We use a pizza stone in the oven. Comes out fantastic! But for the Pizza Hut style deep dish only a cast iron will do

3 minutes ago, Otto said:

Our local favorite place has a Detroit style deep dish with chili honey, cup pepperoni, sliced cherry peppers and a thick layer of four different cheeses.  That would be awesome in a skillet.   

ive made breakfast pizza in the cast iron pans a few times and that comes out great 

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

cada17357e47d890060cebd6709ca7eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in the camp if it is properly seasoned a light detergent will not bother it. And acidic food can do a number on the seasoning. My wife is banned from my cast irons lol!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t loose any sleep over getting every last little bit of crud off after each use.  I just wipe it dry with paper towels, then apply a light coat of olive oil.   

Any leftover crud may add a little to the “complexity” of the next meal, but no bad effects that I have noticed anyhow.  Certainly nothing that an extra big swig of 12-horse can’t fix.

6A443FE7-2F0C-4F07-8B3B-460B26C8676E.thumb.jpeg.9a8c883577876418e4427528786f22de.jpeg

19 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I don’t loose any sleep over getting every last little bit of crud off after each use.  I just wipe it dry with paper towels, then apply a light coat of olive oil.   

Any leftover crud may add a little to the “complexity” of the next meal, but no bad effects that I have noticed anyhow.  Certainly nothing that an extra big swig of 12-horse can’t fix.

6A443FE7-2F0C-4F07-8B3B-460B26C8676E.thumb.jpeg.9a8c883577876418e4427528786f22de.jpeg

Ya but then you just have dirty dishes all the time . I wouldn't leave food stuck to my all clad cookware ,I dont see the reason to leave food stuck to cast iron either. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

There’s no paper towel made that’s going to “wipe out” Dino’s pan above…..

• Like 1