Perspective...
and ends at 18 years old
with 22 million dead.
Shortly after, a global pandemic
Flu called 'Spanish' ",
kills 50 million people.
You come out alive and free
You are 20 years old.
Then, at 29, you survive the global economic crisis that started with the collapse of the New York Stock Exchange, causing Inflation, Unemployment, and Hunger.
At 33, the nazis come to power.
You turn 39 when World War II starts and ends at 45 During the Holocaust (Holocaust), 6 million Jews die.
There will be over 60 million deaths in total.
When you're 52, the Korean War begins.
At age 64, the Vietnam War begins and ends at age 75
A boy born in 1985 thinks his grandparents have no idea how difficult life is, but they have survived several wars and disasters.
A boy born in 1995 and now 25 years old thinks it's the end of the world when his Amazon package takes over three days to arrive or when he doesn't get more than 15 likes for their photo posted on Facebook or Instagram. ....
In 2020, many of us live comfortably, have access to different sources of home entertainment, and often have more than we need.
None of this existed before.
  • Like 15

For my Grandfather born in Sicily in the year 1900, add in: born in abject poverty, with an abusive and violent father, emigrates to USA at age 21 with literal pennies in his pocket, digs ditches for 10 years before finally owning his own piece of land.  Died at age 86 a multi-millionaire.  God Bless the USA!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Grouse said:

There are people on this site that would debate this?  Amazing.

It is not amazing to me. It is entirely predictable!

There are some here who seem to sit on the edge of their seats just waiting for something or someone to pounce on.

Hate-mongers are easily triggered and quick to respond with negativity.  

Again, predictable!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, New York Hillbilly said:

It is not amazing to me. It is entirely predictable!

There are some here who seem to sit on the edge of their seats just waiting for something or someone to pounce on.

Hate-mongers are easily triggered and quick to respond with negativity.  

Again, predictable!

Personally, I think someone is so but hurt about getting a vacation that they constantly try to bait people into an argument so that the other person can get a vacation or even banned. 

Back on topic, I think that is a great perspective on how things are these days. 

• Like 2

So I have seen this on Facebook or something similar. Each generation has it’s different set of challenges. You left out 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, COVID.

Each generation will deal with its own set of challenges. Are kids today softer than kids of previous generations 100%

However will today’s kids travel to the moon or maybe Mars and do things other generations haven’t even dreamed of 100%

It’s called progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I were talking about how America would benefit from something akin to Israel's two-years of required military service, but from a global standpoint. I think that a year spent helping others, interacting with other societies and cultures, and generally giving back to the world would benefit both our reputation as an international leader as well as our youth's perspective. It will never happen, and in today's world it might not be safe even, but just imagine how much of the misunderstanding and mistrust we could erase, and how great it would be for our youth's psyche. To be perceived as both worthwhile and necessary by the world...something that I feel is outside of many youth's experience in this era.

11 hours ago, Chef said:

So I have seen this on Facebook or something similar. Each generation has it’s different set of challenges. You left out 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq, COVID.

Each generation will deal with its own set of challenges. Are kids today softer than kids of previous generations 100%

However will today’s kids travel to the moon or maybe Mars and do things other generations haven’t even dreamed of 100%

It’s called progress

He also left out Pearl Harbor, The Pacific theatre and Polio.

The greatest generation did what they did, So future generations didn't have to.

Progress was only possible, because great men and women of past generation's stepped up to the plate.

This generation of kids think a computer simulation of a dream is adequate.

That's not progress.

• Like 2

He also left out Pearl Harbor, The Pacific theatre and Polio.
The greatest generation did what they did, So future generations didn't have to.
Progress was only possible, because great men and women of past generation's stepped up to the plate.
This generation of kids think a computer simulation of a dream is adequate.
That's not progress.

Again different times different technology different progress. We just had private citizens go to space… that’s not progress? We now all carry access to the world around in our hands.. that’s not progress.

There has been more growth in the past 25 years than there was in the previous 200