Utah CCW

sbuff

Signed up for my Utah CCW permit in early January,  was really on the fence about it but then figured might as well. The way our new governor is going who knows what she'll change in 2022 .

I have my CCW for albany co currently .

I meant when I took the Utah and Florida course it was NH too. I can’t remember why that extra state helped though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It help because if you had NH you could apply for PA they honored it …I think that since changed. Now I think you have to apply in person in Pa
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

I have NY and PA and can carry in like 37 states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a little tricky, like some states are listed as  honoring Penn permits but it’s only ones  issued to Penn residents . Florida is one of those states . That’s in retaliation to Penn going from honoring both res. and nonresident Fla permits to only res. permits . 

Some states are also “ duty to inform “ get pulled over for a traffic violation , you must inform officer  you’re carrying . 

While in Fla I can carry in a restaurant but not a bar OR bar area of a restaurant. 

One really has to do ones homework prior to traveling. 

• Like 3

I don’t carry 99.99% of the time anyway. I really do not feel the need. I don’t go too many places a gun would do me any more good than common sense. I tend to stay out in the country lol.
Pretty soon the Supreme Court will finally confirm carry as our right nationwide anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flètch, I know I quoted you, but my post was aimed at anyone with these permits . Last time in Fla. we had company for a few days one guy from NY brought his handgun and all he had was a NY permit , Yikes ! 

Many just don’t know . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Flètch, I know I quoted you, but my post was aimed at anyone with these permits . Last time in Fla. we had company for a few days one guy from NY brought his handgun and all he had was a NY permit , Yikes ! 

Many just don’t know . 

Probably not as big a "Yikes" as you might imagine. Totally legal to buy (for a resident) or possess a handgun without a permit in Florida. Handguns can even be transported without a permit, but the rules must be followed. Problems would arise if your NY friend "carried"  in Fl. Totally, not allowed without a proper CCW. NY does not honor Fl CCW's, so Fl does not honor NY's. Open carry is forbidden in Fl unless hunting or fishing. Florida is a shall issue state and as long as the minimum qualifications are met, the CCW must be issued within a couple months.

There is ton of fine print in these laws. One has to be really careful where they are getting there information.

You have to remember, just because you know the law doesn’t mean that a LO knows or understands the laws. And in that case you get a really big ass pain before you spend you time and money to sort it out.

There really needs to be National reciprocity however that’s easier said than done. Like it or not there are states that are way to lenient with their laws and permit process ( if any) just like there are states that the process is too restrictive.