Do deer go completely nocturnal during late season?

Northcountryman

12 hours ago, cas said:

I think in large part deer do what they normally do, when they normally do it. Whether the sun is shinning or not due to what season it is doesn't really matter to them.

See a lot of deer in the late afternoons and evenings in the summer? Sure, but in December it would have been dark four and a half hours ago.

Yes, so youre saying they do it basically the same time of day chronologically ; most variation  is due to changes in daylight savings time,  I think that preety much true but do believe that hunting pressure can have an affect on altering their movement patterns as well, although Im not certain how much.  Just maybe, these bucks and does that for the most part, became ghosts after the openiner of rifle, still move at the same time pretty much as before, they just have adjusted their routes and destinations to stay away from previous areas more highly visible to humans; now, thehyre moving around still but further back and in highly  concealed areas.

They kinda do little cat naps don’t they ? One time several yrs ago , I had a little button buck take a nap underneath my tree stand opening day; this was the longest period of time I had ever witnessed a deer actually engaging in the act of sleeping . I’d say he slept about an hour , then, got up and scampered off . Maybe about an hr at a time roughly ? 

I have had deer bed near me . Bed for an hour or so get up eat a little bed back down . 40 minutes to an hour . They did this over a period  of about 4 hours never moved more than 50 yards . Most nerve racking thing to worry about scent and movement with deer that close for so long . Kept waiting for them to blow out of there on a wind change . Was hoping a big buck would come in .

Have an 8 pt on camera for a couple hours bedded right in front of the camera. Same thing . Bed for a while.. feed for a bit bed again . 41 minutes was the longest he layed down but he didn't go far when he got up .