luberhill

18 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Buying a used Silverado to use for hunting and hauling junk 

It’s a 2017 and has the 6-1/2ft box

spray in like Rhino at Ziebart are like 600.00

Dualliner 4 pc are like 500.00

Rubber bed mat is like 100.00 plus about 50.00 for the tailgate protector 

Not sure the best option 

I have a 2016 Ram with a spray in bed liner. First I have had. All my other trucks had the heavy plastic bed liners in them from Mopar. After having the spray in bed liner in this truck I will never have anything else for a bed liner

• Like 1

Spray in all the way. Then depending on how you use the truck bed a rubber mat just for the bed.

I’ve never done it because I’m never climbing in the bed on my knees but guys that use caps love to have the rubber mat so they can kneel in the truck bed with some comfort while getting things in and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had rhino, linex, and bullet liners.  LineX and rhino are about equal IMO. Bullet liner sucks. Mine pealed off easily on my 2019 Ford. Absolutely junk.  My new Chevy has a factory spray in liner. Only had it for a couple weeks, so can't comment on how it holds up just yet. 

31 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Rubber mat......dealer could care less what the bed looks like when you trade it in. Cover it all with a tonneau and your set.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

I traded my last truck in ,the bed was scratched and beat to shit and they didn’t care one bit .

I'm obviously in the minority but I prefer a bedliner all day . Why because when you throw cinder blocks and heavy wood on a wheel well with a spray in liner  it will dent it and be visible.  You do that with a bedliner it may or will dent it but won't be visible unless you remove the bedliner .

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

I'm obviously in the minority but I prefer a bedliner all day . Why because when you throw cinder blocks and heavy wood on a wheel well with a spray in liner  it will dent it and be visible.  You do that with a bedliner it may or will dent it but won't be visible unless you remove the bedliner .

This is true and bed liner versus spray in versus rubber mat choice really depends on your ultimate use.  Things slide much easier on a plastic bedliner which can be either good or bad.  I would also add that factory bed liners fit way better than the aftermarket bedliners.  

1 hour ago, WNYTRPR said:

I traded my last truck in ,the bed was scratched and beat to shit and they didn’t care one bit .

Guaranteed you got less of a trade in because of it.  Dealer might not have acted like it didn't matter, but it definitely mattered on what he offered you. 

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

Guaranteed you got less of a trade in because of it.  Dealer might not have acted like it didn't matter, but it definitely mattered on what he offered you. 

Possibly ,but I drove that truck for 4 years and got 2 grand less than what I paid for it .I was content .

11 minutes ago, luberhill said:

My truck they never even looked in the box and gave me the same price I paid 4 yrs ago

I just traded in my 2019 f350.  They practically climbed up the tailpipe looking for anything. Bed was pristine, except the POS bullet liner had several tears and peeling. They tried to take $500 off the trade, but my truck was so desirable, I held firm.  

12 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Possibly ,but I drove that truck for 4 years and got 2 grand less than what I paid for it .I was content .

Agreed. I got $1500 less than I PD for my F350. Had it for 2.5 years and 37,000 miles.  It's crazy what they are giving for used trucks.  It's listed on there website for $4k more than the sticker. 

I picked up a used F150 in the spring and had a Pendaliner drop in bedliner thrown in. I think I paid about $250 for it installed and it's served it's purpose so far. At that price, even if it were to crack or break I wouldn't be too upset about replacing it. With that said though, it's held up great so far. It still looks new despite the lumber, cinder blocks, bloody deer, and other misc stuff I've had back there.