Bedliners ?

luberhill

Guaranteed you got less of a trade in because of it.  Dealer might not have acted like it didn't matter, but it definitely mattered on what he offered you. 
Man you are stuck on this concept you get more for a clean bed.
All I can think of is there is a huge difference in the criteria that dealers use where WNY and I live vs. Where your located.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

All I can think of is there is a huge difference in the criteria that dealers use where WNY and I live vs. Where your located.

Can a scratched and dinged bed be covered by a spray on ?I would think as long as it’s not too bad ,but I know nothing about that .

A guy a work with does side work for a few local dealers painting cars .He said the cars he paints are done as cheap as possible for the dealers and go for good  money on the lot .Moral of the story ,I think dealers cover that up pretty easily .
Maybe out by him that’s the dealers way to offer less .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

East of Albany. 

I'm not stuck on the concept, it's a fact. You care to think it doesn't matter, that's fine. 

13 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

Can a scratched and dinged bed be covered by a spray on ?I would think as long as it’s not too bad ,but I know nothing about that .

A guy a work with does side work for a few local dealers painting cars .He said the cars he paints are done as cheap as possible for the dealers and go for good  money on the lot .Moral of the story ,I think dealers cover that up pretty easily .
Maybe out by him that’s the dealers way to offer less .

A spray on bedliner can be applied to anything as long as it’s prepped correctly. 

• Like 1

I always get a drop in plastic bed liner. I hate spray ins, they dent, they're rough textured so they'll scratch things up in the box, they're harder to clean out. I'd consider them if you rarely put anything in the box but in my opinion the drop ins are much more durable.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

I went the cheap rubber mat option. Tractor Supply horse stall mat $30. It's 3/4" thick but doesn't move, it was a few inches to long for my bed. Cut it with a hacksaw blade. No tailgate protection, it's an 08 and holding up pretty well for the areas not covered in rubber. And yes I do throw stuff in the bed. Previous owner( 3yrs) had a tonneau on it, but the wind ripped it off on a drive home from hunting one weekend. 

Mats are good, but lots of the bed remains exposed to damage.

Spray liners can trap some stuff and are not as impact resistant as a drop in bed liner.

Drop in bed liners are slippery and sometimes the ridges catch stuff.

All work better with a tonneau cover in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdbing said:

Mats are good, but lots of the bed remains exposed to damage.

Spray liners can trap some stuff and are not as impact resistant as a drop in bed liner.

Drop in bed liners are slippery and sometimes the ridges catch stuff.

All work better with a tonneau cover in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Look at DualLiner